You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: SLASH 'Wasn't Disappointed' By AXL ROSE's Decision To Skip RnRHoF

Axlin16 wrote:

In fairness to Dizzy, people don't really come out in force IN ROCK BANDS to hear keyboardists play songs. To the general public, Axl is seen as the pianist in GN'R, no different than Freddie in Queen.

Teddy Zig Zag oozed classic rock, and I highly doubt anybody is going to Teddy shows. Even avante keyboardists like Pitman usually have to get bands together to do something.

I'm thinking of guys like Jan Hammer who made their entire career on keyboards and short of the Miami Vice theme, he was having to get guys like Neal Schon in his bands to get people out to shows.

I just don't think keyboardists hold that kind of appeal outside of a few hundred people sipping mocha latte's and sniffing their own farts.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

No worries Otto!!! I cannot speak any language except English (not even good at that) so don't apologise!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Nothing to Say is a dark horse favorite of mine.  A guilty pleasure because I don't own much of that kind of music, but that does rock.

Absolutely love this one - maybe my favorite post GnR rocker with Slither, and this isn't my usual preference for musical style.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Which is stunning considering it's basically a CD rocker with Slash.

Wow.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Wow.

I think of it more as a modern twist on classic Metallica.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

General opinion : Izzy is a cool cat and it's cool that he boycotted that sham RRHOF.

Monkey Opinion: Izzy is cool, but it's way uncool that he didn't come to RRHOF and further it's much worse than Axl no showing the event - as at least Axl has a decent reason not to go.

Axl didn't have any more decent of a reason than Izzy. The Rock Hall is a joke and I don't blame anyone for refusing to show up.

Yeah but the fact that the rock hall is a joke has NOTHING to do with why neither of them showed.

If Axl had befriended Slash and they'd been both chatting in the press about how cool it would be to do a one-off gig at the hall -  and all is forgiven - do you think Izzy wouldn't come? He only didn't come because of the drama.

Or, do you think if the hall had inducted the new band in along with the old band and had no interest in trying to force any kind of reunion performance Axl would have stayed away. Both he and some of his band members mentioned they'd been trying to come to a deal with the hall but the hall wouldn't play ball.

So the hall is a joke, but all the talk of people who should be inducted, of prices and all that is a distraction. It's not the real reasons.

So I think Axl does have a better reason. He's trying to tour as GNR. If he hangs out with Slash it will be a photo op on every music magazine for months. And undo his efforts to push DJ etc as GNR.

Izzy on the other hand just didn't seem to want to hassle of getting stuck in the Axl vs Slash war. That's why he was waiting to see what happened.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

In fairness to Dizzy, people don't really come out in force IN ROCK BANDS to hear keyboardists play songs.

True.

I can only speak to my personal rule of jamming in bands....and that's people should stick to what they do....when the drummer is telling you how to play guitar....or I decide to inform the drummer about what type of cymbals would sound better.

Sure you need to agree on a direction for the song overall. But when it gets into a discussion of does the vocalist think the rhythm player needs more mids, or does the lead guitarist think the singer should add a bit of vibrato. Fuck off. If you could do that stuff you would be doing it not playing what you are playing. Focus on your own mistakes and correct them before you become cute with other people.

Dizzy is a great keyboardist...stick to that....I'm not really interested in Slash's opinion of Dizzy's piano solo either.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Wow.

I think of it more as a modern twist on classic Metallica.

Yeah, I don't hear anything on that sounding anything at all like a CD rocker. It sounds like a bit of a nod to classic metal.

And the solo on it is an absolute ball tearer, some of Slash's best soloing in years! 3 21

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Agree on Nothing To Say.

And Monkey, even keyboardists have a right to state their opinion. 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Board footer