You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: SLASH 'Wasn't Disappointed' By AXL ROSE's Decision To Skip RnRHoF

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
otto wrote:

I don't know, man... Up and until Axl letter, Slash was all over expecting a reunion at the Hall.
For him to come out now, almost a year later, and say he wasn't disapointed or act as "I don't care" to me is lame.

To me that is lying and that is being a revisionist.

I always take Slash's answers with reference to what would happen if he said the opposite though, like if he said he was hoping Axl would come and it sucks he didn't the headline would be

"Slash Speaks: "I'm still disappointed in Axl" - EX- GNR guitarist admits he Expected Axl to give into reunion at Rock Hall. "

How much shit would that start

I don't see Slash's answers as lies, but I think he phrases things in ways HE THINKS will minimise controversy.

And again...I don't think it's a direct lie. I think maybe initially when it was years out...Slash had considered the Hall a natural opportunity  for a reunion  - but when it became obvious that it wasn't going to happen in an Amicable way - when Izzy started being vague about coming (in private) - and when Axl's camp was still silent but the date was getting closer...I think Slash became fearful that it was going to be awkward, a royal cock-up - and distract attention from his album with Myles and began to dread it and what was going to happen - so when Axl bailed at that point it was a "relief".

I think Slash wants GNR to go back to what it was in 1988 or Not at All. He's not up for working in Axl's band on Axl's terms - and he's not interested in a reunion at the hall where they can't look each other in the eye. He wanted a real reunion but when it was clear that's not happening - he was happier to have nothing than a forced fake reunion.

I agree. It's almost two decades since Slash worked with (for?) Axl. Time heals most wounds for sure, and erases some bad memories. But during the RRHOF preparation he did get a slight dose of what to expect from Axl if a reunion were to happen anytime. It was only a small amount of waiting, uncertainity, awkwardness and stress, but I think Slash got to know what to expect. 1,000 times more of this shit. No wonder that knowing all this he's more happy without having to do anything with Axl. You know, present feelings can change your memory of past feelings, too.

BTW I'm also happy that Slash has nothing to do with Axl anymore. An unproductive, scandalous reunion would be a nightmare and I enjoy Slash's music with Myles much more than anything Axl could come up with, considering his personality, performances and only one release.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Twelve years ago I had a bad break up with a super hot girl I'd been with for four years.
She could be a giant pain in the ass and my friends often hated her BUT we had some great times, freaky sex, some terrible arguments and some unforgettable tender moments.

We are both married to other people and are happy.

Do I wish her the best? YES.
Do I want to meet her at some party, wedding etc with my wife in tow? HELL NO.

Would I take her back? HELL NO.

Slash just described the exact same situation with Axl..

There is no revisionist, media manipulation, machiavellian masterplan that some of you insist on trying to attach to Slash.
Its just a guy whose opinion and feelings about someone and something have changed over the years.

He's not thinking about that process as much as we the nutso GNR fans do.
He's just talking on a particular day and time.
He's not keeping all of his interviews on a forum somewhere so he can check that he keeps his story WATERTIGHT like some of you imagine he should.
Some perspective here would be good.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
faldor wrote:

I don't know if I'd go so far to call Slash a liar, but I've always thought that he says what people want to hear or whatever paints himself in the most positive light.  He's really good at playing the game, that's why he comes off so well most of the time.  Axl is pretty much the complete opposite in that respect.  Some people could view that as a more honest approach, or he's just an asshole.  Maybe a bit of both.

Lol, why not? He's been caught in a big lie at least once. He still thinks it's ok to steal if the victim is rich.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Twelve years ago I had a bad break up with a super hot girl I'd been with for four years.
She could be a giant pain in the ass and my friends often hated her BUT we had some great times, freaky sex, some terrible arguments and some unforgettable tender moments.

We are both married to other people and are happy.

Do I wish her the best? YES.
Do I want to meet her at some party, wedding etc with my wife in tow? HELL NO.

Would I take her back? HELL NO.

Slash just described the exact same situation with Axl..

There is no revisionist, media manipulation, machiavellian masterplan that some of you insist on trying to attach to Slash.
Its just a guy whose opinion and feelings about someone and something have changed over the years.

He's not thinking about that process as much as we the nutso GNR fans do.
He's just talking on a particular day and time.
He's not keeping all of his interviews on a forum somewhere so he can check that he keeps his story WATERTIGHT like some of you imagine he should.
Some perspective here would be good.

This...... totally.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
faldor wrote:

I don't know if I'd go so far to call Slash a liar, but I've always thought that he says what people want to hear or whatever paints himself in the most positive light.  He's really good at playing the game, that's why he comes off so well most of the time.  Axl is pretty much the complete opposite in that respect.  Some people could view that as a more honest approach, or he's just an asshole.  Maybe a bit of both.

Lol, why not? He's been caught in a big lie at least once. He still thinks it's ok to steal if the victim is rich.

Yes, he has lied in the past.  But I think he's just more careful with his words and knows how to phrase things so he comes off well.  And for that reason, whenever he is caught in a perceived lie, he is easily forgiven.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think being so successful and having freedom with myles and co helps

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

What's the basis for that second statement?

As for the first, Slash goes to see Axl to apologise and sort out their problems, in return he's not allowed to speak to Axl - and then Axl's camp releases to the media a venomous press release designed to break up Velvet Revolver...and yet Slash is apparently the bad guy to the fans in this scenario? Don't understand that logic.

Also, I'm not 100% sure Slash entirely denied ever going to see Axl, I think his initial denial was that he spoke to Axl.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

What's the basis for that second statement?

When asked on Stern last year if he felt bad about stealing from some store chain back in the day he said "hell no". He speaks about his "cleptomaniac phase" as if that's something people go through. Couple that with going behind your band mates back, then lying to their faces and you got some questionable ethics.

As for the first, Slash goes to see Axl to apologise and sort out their problems, in return he's not allowed to speak to Axl - and then Axl's camp releases to the media a venomous press release designed to break up Velvet Revolver...and yet Slash is apparently the bad guy to the fans in this scenario? Don't understand that logic.

Also, I'm not 100% sure Slash entirely denied ever going to see Axl, I think his initial denial was that he spoke to Axl.

That's what he claims, but in court we would've already established that he's not a reliable witness, so all we know for sure is that he went to Axls house. To do what? Say he's sorry? Why the need for that suddenly? Hoping to make something happen with Axl again is clearly the more likely scenario. Which also explains why he lied about the whole thing to his band afterwards, because he knew that's exactly how they would look at it too.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Liar and thief... I had to check if I visited the wrong site.

Fuck this shit.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Just one dudes opinion don't get worked up. But just to be safe, keep an eye on your wallet tonight. wink

Board footer