You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: What do you pay for GNR shows in the USA?

monkeychow wrote:

Curious to know.

There's a lot of things that are stupidly expensive in Australia compared to the rest of the world.

Stuff like stereos, tvs, DVDs and CDs are much more expensive here.

Curious to see how it stacks up.

Here's what I'm looking at in Melbourne Australia for reserved seating at the front section of the GNR/ZZ top show.

Ticketmaster general public onsale price -  $199.00 per ticket + $6.95 booking fee + 2.3% extra credit card fee.

And that's if you can actually get them before they're "sold out" on the day of the sale....because before that they "pre-sell" most of the best tickets to various ticket clubs - eg Phone Provider Clubs (Optus), Credit Card Benifits (Visa Preferred Seating Club) or Ticketmaster's Platinum club....these give you access to the show first but at a higher price....

eg: Platinum ticket - guaranteed somewhere in front row $500, guaranteed in 4th row - $300 per ticket (both require minimum purchase of 2 tickets), or there's a lot of other companies that have seats within first 10 rows for around $260 per ticket plus fees.

Then there's the meet and greet upgrade run by Ground control....price for that is $189..not including show ticket....that's just for the meet after....

Curious to know how this stacks up overseas....is it better or worse there....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

After service fees, side-stage seats for me were like $85 bucks a piece last time, and I thought that was high for what I was getting. They were even higher in 2006.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i paid 57,70€ for GA in germany, that`s 77$

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I paid somewhere around $50 for the tickets in Vegas.  I would pay $199 if there was something else included, but not just for the ticket.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

$50? $85?

Wow...i'm getting fucked hard down under wink

What about meet and greet add ons? Anyone purchase one of those?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah, I paid about $90 for GA Floor tickets to the show I went to, and that is pretty consistent with what most shows cost these days.  Some shows obviously you can get cheaper tickets to, but there are also some  that are more exorbitant.  Ticket prices for the recent Van Halen and Bon Jovi tours were too rich for my blood.  Anything over $100 I REALLY have to want to go.

It does sound like you're getting screwed there down under.  Now I know why you guys are so hesitant to go see "the same show" again.  It makes more sense now.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

those prices are fucking insane. australia really doesn't have a clue or just doesn't give a shit about how the rest of the world operates.

tbpfh i really don't think many concerts are worth the admission price these days.
$200+ for one concert is just unbelievable.
fwiw i'd rather take that $200 & wipe my ass w/it rather than giving such an amount over to people who don't really deserve it.. it would be better used as toilet paper than to pay for a fucking rock concert.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

about $110 in canada

Board footer