You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Bring Back Robin Finck "Tank"

faldor wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Axl's said the door is always open for Robin and Bucket to return. Let's cross our collective fingers.

I took Axl's comments more to believe that there are no hard feelings towards Robin and Buckethead for leaving and he still thinks of them as part of the GNR family.  Not that he would drop Ron or DJ, who have been there with and for him AFTER those before them departed.  I mean anything is possible I guess, but someone would have to get the axe for Robin to return full time.  Not that something like that has never happened before, but Axl's evil dictatorship ways would be back in full force if that came into play again.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I fucking quit being a GN'R fan if Robin is brought back.

And i'm not exaggerating, i'm done.

I don't say that to slag Robin, whom I never ever liked, but more as it would be a HUGE step backwards for GN'R. If they are going to "bring back" old members, and guitarists, there's only three guys they should be calling -- 21 / izzy / duff -- that's it.

Bringing back Robin & Bucket and dude's like that would be completely and utterly lame and would pretty much be an admission of "we're going nowhere, and doing nothing".

I know that's a laughable statement considering GN'R pretty much do that now, but at least they seem like they "are sorta wanting" to move forward with Deej & Ron. Bringing back COVER BAND members... seriously what an epic fucking fail move that would be.

johndivney wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

If they are going to "bring back" old members, and guitarists, there's only three guys they should be calling -- 21 / izzy / duff -- that's it.

this.
slash shoulda been brought in whenever robin quit, or whenever bh quit. the first time either of them quit.
tbh i'd prob take just about anyone over dj, even tho i know some of u have a boner over his phoney baloney 'stage presence' gimmicky shite. but i can't say i understand the enthusiasm over robin.
the first page of this thread is great tho.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Not to mention Axl had already tried to get Slash to guest on some CD tracks before it ever got released, so it's been thought of and teased.

I think at this point they're just spinning their wheels. Any lineup changes at this point will be simply for the reunion, or in some dire situation where someone gets sick or God forbid dies.

I think at this point Axl wants to make THIS and only THIS lineup work, or go back to some version of the old one. The Izzy & Duff appearences lend credit to that even more.

johndivney wrote:

personally i don't see any evidence axl has any intention of getting anything to work.
he seems content to keep it as a touring band & let that be the end of it.
can't blame him really, looking at the options he's left himself with.
just a shame that his writing talent is going to waste.
maybe someday we'll get the boxset of all his piano ballads/demos that bach & dj allude to & whatever's in the CD vault. but that's about all i think there is to hope for. & even that shit is slim pickings compared to the legacy of the proper line-up's songwriting.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

NO

Two reasons.....

1. If you bring him back, there's no point in doing it unless you're gonna ditch the current nostalgia act and bring back the entire 2001 lineup for a "second run" (laugh laugh).

2. If Axl has plans to release the second CD and wants the lineup that recorded it(goes back to reason 1). This wont happen because its obvious all these years later that vault's not worth being released.

With current GNR, what you see is all you're gonna get. Nostalgia til the cows come home and the cows aint coming home anytime soon, if ever.  There's ZERO reason to bring back Robin, Bucket, Brain,etc. As much as I love Bucket, I would never, EVER want him to return to GNR since it morphed into a nostalgia act.

Robin, whatever talent you have......use it elsewhere because if you come back you'll spend whatever creative years you have left playing Jungle, SCOM, PC, and other nostalgic head trips.

johndivney wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Robin, whatever talent you have......

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its funny but I didn't mean that to sound as bad as it did. Some of his solos are pure fucking noise pollution but on a few tracks, Robin and Bucket had great chemistry. On Riad, that whole lineup is kicking pure ass and if any song shows how tragic it was that the 2001 lineup's talent was wasted, its that track.

All that lineup needed was a producer who would take control and a version of Axl that still had balls.

Its funny how people want new music from the current lineup. Axl had a super group containing two members of Praxis for four years and look what we got.  While I have a feeling the vault is not very impressive, I'll take that over new material any day of the week.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
faldor wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Axl's said the door is always open for Robin and Bucket to return. Let's cross our collective fingers.

I took Axl's comments more to believe that there are no hard feelings towards Robin and Buckethead for leaving and he still thinks of them as part of the GNR family.  Not that he would drop Ron or DJ, who have been there with and for him AFTER those before them departed.  I mean anything is possible I guess, but someone would have to get the axe for Robin to return full time.  Not that something like that has never happened before, but Axl's evil dictatorship ways would be back in full force if that came into play again.

You're right, I don't think he meant it like that either, just that if a situation should arise where something like that would become possible, Axl is not going to be the one standing in the way.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

I don't really care who's in or out, I just want some new music. Hopefully something bad ass, but I'll seriously take anything right now.  All this touring w/o new music is giving me fan boy blue balls.

Though I don't really like the idea of a line up change, because its yet another delay.

Board footer