You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Gn'R Live In London Sat. March 2nd VH1

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't think Ron will ever have to worry about lack of work as long as his health and skills hold up.  You can debate his fit (or necessity) in GnR if you want, but there's no discounting the guy's talent.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Totally agree with buzz. Even if he goes back to teaching, he's a teacher who has "ex-GNR guitarist" on his resume now. I think Ron's the consummate professional, time after time. I read anything he says through that filter.

I also thought it was kind of funny when Axl jokingly thanked Thin Lizzy for lending Richard to GNR again. I wondered how many people in the audience knows the names of this lineup to know he was joking.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

i thought the show was awesome. i had a bunch of friends watching and they all loved it. i was watching with a critical eye and ear because i knew i would be discussing it with them. big thumbs up overall.

the thing that bothered me the most was it sounded like fake crowd noise was pumped into the mix throughout most of the show. there were times i would just focus on the crowd noise and there is no way there were that many people screaming that consistently. it got really annoying at times.

i also thought i heard a backing track of axl's voice at times. i need to rewatch it though...may have just been the other band members.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

There's been a backing track on Axl for some time. Not sure if its exclusive to, but it's used during the CD songs which have multiple layers.

I agree though, the show was good and I heard positive reactions from my friends who viewed it. Which makes it all the more frustrating they won't be showing the full length concert now. Was it perfect? No. Did Axl sound weak in spots? Sure. But it was far from a disaster and I still think its great promotion for the band. Promotion that they/we are being deprived of, yet again.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I swear, I would have never guessed he would have gotten an opprtunity like this again for this line up because I can't think of another artist outside the bid players who got a deal like that. But, yet again, someone figured out a way to screw it up.

Instead of a contract dispute someone should be saying thank you. But I can see being pissed off about the DJ thing, because for the life of me, it had to have been intentional to mute his solos. His riffs and rythym were perfect in the mix. Ron sounded great, btw.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

From about 20 minutes ago. Clearance issues?

@EddieTrunk: “@gotstosayit: @EddieTrunk Do you know what happened to the GNR shows on VH1 Classic and Palladia?” Cancelled over clearance issues

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Anyone have a link to this show?  SLC had a link on his board for a while, but my download screwed up and the link was dead when I tried again.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

You think the same rules apply to Axl that apply to VR and Slash about playing GNR stuff?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't really think they care tbh.  At this point I think Axl is doing everything he can to cash out on this band without getting anything to Slash because it's related to the old band.  Everybody is talking about moving forward and recording and whatever else, but it's never coming from Axl or management.  I suspect he'll milk this as long as he can and if he never gets what he wants from the record company to move forward (which he won't), then he will tap into the old stuff when he needs that money because the new band isn't profitable anymore.

I have no proof to support it, it's just a hunch based on the activity (or inactivity).

You're probably right.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Nice. If only they'd stop screwing up releases.

Board footer