You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Is There a Pink Floyd and Wizard Of Oz link?

Has anyone tried the Pink Floyd soundtrack / Wizard of Oz movie combination and does it work?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Yes, it works, but I am not sure if it will do so with the DVD...well, I don't know how to synch it up. But, for the old style VHS, after the MGM lion roars, when it goes black, hit play on the CD.
One of the cool scenes is with the song "Us and Them" and the flying monkeys and Dorothy's group.
Oh yeah, this is just a fluke that somone with waaay too much time on their hands figured out. I am still wondering just where the idea to try this came up in someone's mind. Anyway, per Alan Parsons in numerous interviews, this is just sheer coincidence--it was not planned. Oh yeah, who is Alan Parsons in relation to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album? Well, he's the guy that engineered it. [Along with other "minor" bands/artists like the Beatles' Abbey Road, Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Al Stewart's Year of the Cat and others. Check the record/CD sleeves his name is on them all.]

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … z3C8&fr=hp

I have never heard of this before.   I gotta look more into this sounds interesting.

AtariLegend wrote:

Maybe if you're lucky, you might stumble across it one day in a PM box...

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I've heard about it though never actually tried it. Anyone remember those "Wheelie" characters from Return To Oz? I still have nightmares about those scary bastards lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I heard of this years ago. I always thought it was just some stoner sitting around listening to Pink Floyd while Oz was on tv muted. Then had a "moment of clarity" as only a stoned person can.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I heard of this years ago. I always thought it was just some stoner sitting around listening to Pink Floyd while Oz was on tv muted. Then had a "moment of clarity" as only a stoned person can.

I took it as a given that you had to be stoned for this to work. When stoned any music will sync with TV with humorous results though 16

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I did it years ago.  It does work in an odd sort of way.  We had a list of shit to look for off the internet before we did it.  Also, for the record, I don't think I was stoned. 

I would say that's the way to do it because I only remember certain things.  The things I remember

"Time" starts when you first see the lady who becomes the Wicked Witch. (That is, she's pedaling a bicycle right as you hear clock gears turning and such)

"Money" starts right as it goes fro Black and White to color.

While the Scarecrow is singing his song when they first meet him right as he moves either onto or off of the yellow brick road during his dance you hear the line "the lunatic is on the grass".  I think that happens more than once.

The heartbeat at the end of the album happens right as they're coming up to the Tin Man.

There was more, but that's all I remember right now, it was probably 7-8 years ago that I did it.  It was pretty trippy, but obviously just somebody with too much time on their hands.  Funnily enough the Blind Melon album Soup was in the cd player next and the Tin Man beat on his knees during his dance along with a drum fill.

It's trippy enough to check out if you're bored, but I suggest doing what we did and have the list of things to look for because there's a lot I would have missed.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I did this years ago back when I was in High School.  I dont remeber specifics, but some of stuff does sync up in a weird sorta way.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
downliner wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I took it as a given that you had to be stoned for this to work. When stoned any music will sync with TV with humorous results though 16

Yeah I think it became popular about 10 years ago. I never did it, but heard there's a few things that do sync up. Jorge probably listed them all, I should try it one day.

And DL it's funny you say that, I remember Howard Stern talking about that & saying "you can sync up any cd to any movie & something will work. In fact, if you play my movie and (some cd, led zeppelin or The Who or something) it will sync up. Just watch it." It was pretty funny.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

What, like this?

It's quite amusing, actually. I only listened the first 43 minutes, though. Some people like to repeat the album at that point.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
sic. wrote:

What, like this?

It's quite amusing, actually. I only listened the first 43 minutes, though. Some people like to repeat the album at that point.

Ahhh, thank you sic. And thank you youtube. You both saved me about $30 and 2+ hours.  I'll watch these tonight.

Board footer