You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS return with CHESTER BENNINGTON as their FRONTMAN!

metallex78 wrote:

I've seen some footage from Scott's recent solo shows, and while he goes from good to average, his backing band is terrible.

I can't fault the STP guys with Chester that way. They're tight as hell

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And that's one of the main problems with these faction groups that are off-shoots of other popular bands. Usually the band's quite suck. Axl was VERY lucky that he had not one, not two, but three VERY capable bands to back him as Guns N' Roses to at least go out there and give it the old college try. He lost some people on image (2001-02), he lost some people on musicianship (Robin & Ron lead in 2006-07), but he found his sweet spot in the current incarnation since 2009.

Scott's backing band sucks (and i'm not even an STP fan). Has anyone ever heard Sammy Hagar without Van Halen or Chickenfoot? He literally plays with the equivalent of a local bar band. Bloody awful.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

http://loudwire.com/scott-weiland-gets-married/

Wish the best for the guy and hoping this helps clean up his act and other behaviors.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:

tumblr_ms80q4nPcE1qz9kwxo1_500.jpg

Stone Temple Pilots featuring their new frontman Chester Bennington, will release a new EP titled 'High Rise' on October 8th.

Amazon: http://amzn.com/B00EQ30RVY

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Nice cover art.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

It does look pretty sweet. It's also a really fast turnaround for a new album with a new singer. Have the band always been a big part of the songwriting? Sounds like they would have had a new Scott album is he hadn't imploded.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I liked the single they did so i'll be interested to check this out.

I'll probably see them at Soundwave in Australia too as long as they don't clash with Megadeth/Avenged Sevenfold or Alice in Chains on the schedule.

I do feel sorry for scott though. I gather it's self inflicted...but it's got to be harsh watching your band do stuff without you. Not to mention getting fired twice now....

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

(Gibson) Stone Temple Pilots bassist Robert DeLeo spoke to Rolling Stone about the band's decision to fire their original frontman Scott Weiland and how the band is doing with their new singer, Linkin Park's Chester Bennington.

Speaking to Rolling Stone, bassist Robert DeLeo explained: "It was a very difficult decision to terminate the face of your band. But we really didn't have any other choice. I don't want to get too into that right now because of legal things, but Dean, Eric and I have been saddled by someone for a long time.

"We've always looked out for Scott's best interests and tried to be a great friend to someone who really didn't care to be friends with us…. I don't think we had any other choice. We knew that was what we wanted before we thought about getting another singer."

The band's forthcoming EP, High Rise, features Linkin Park's Chester Bennington as frontman. Bennington told Rolling Stone he's transitioned smoothly into the new role.

"I'm just coming in here and doing the same things I would do normally, only I'm writing different music with different guys. STP is moving forward without Scott 100 percent, whether I say yes or no. So I'm just glad that it's me, because I am such a big fan of the band." more on this story http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/N … en-Up.aspx

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Nikki Sixx Says Scott Weiland Was Dragging Down Stone Temple Pilots

Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx had some strong words about Scott Weiland when he shared his excitement with his fans on Facebook about the band's show this Friday that will feature support from Stone Temple Pilots.

Stone Temple Pilots publicly announced earlier this year that they had fired Scott Weiland as their singer and have since regrouped with Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington taking over vocal duties.

Sixx had this to say about their upcoming show together, "Looking forward to Stone Temple Pilots opening for Motley in Oklahoma (September 13th). Scott Weiland was dragging down a great band. I think they sound fresh and energized again."

Knowing that his comments might spark a strong reaction with Stone Temple Pilots fans, he added, "Remember kids, opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one. Me, you and the man on the moon."

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Really Nikki??? He can't really talk when it comes to lousy front men. Vince Neil sucks live, and brings the rest of Motley Crue down as well!

Board footer