You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Stream for new Xbox console reveal.

polluxlm wrote:

Hopefully they learned from Sony and we'll see an actual reveal this time.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Crossing my fingers for some real info here.

smoke

smoke wrote:
polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

They're going for class this time around. Looks good. Wish they had done something with the controller though, always felt so chubby in my hands. Still, it will be interesting to see a new console war again.

article_top_1.jpg

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Console looks great; but nothing much of an evolution from 360 and I own one. They should wait another year because the 360 was adding all these features and the dashboard updates during these past few months. Looking at some of the downsides of this console bugs me. Sounds like PS4 maybe the better option later on; but I'll keep doing the research when the time comes.

smoke

smoke wrote:

I need more details on license sharing. How will it affect my kid wanting to play the same game as me? I sure ain't paying twice, that's my main prob with Steam.

Not surprised at no back compatibility, but the loss of Xbox arcade licenses hurts a bit if true. Still looks very interesting though. The all in one TV command center is slick. I want to see how it manages to override or interact with FiOS cable boxes.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

-Games are tied to a console and a principal gamertag. Can take game round to a friends and play using your gamertag but if they wanted to play on their gamertag they would need to pay a reactivation fee that is equivalent to the cost of the game brand new. Basically no lending games to friends or preowned games on XBOX One.
-Console must be connected online when in use and has to be connected to the internet at least once every 24 hours to let you play games on it. Anyone without good wireless/has there console in a room that gets no signal and can't run a cable in can't own this. Terrible news for anyone living in areas with slow speeds.
-No backawards compatibility.

Well I guess I get a PS4 then, which is a shame because I don't like that controller but if one console allows preowned games and another doesn't well that's a dealbreaker.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

PS4 will be the superior machine. XBox is gonna fuck themselves with that must be connected to the internet shit. No lending games or preowned to people? Like WTF. I do not get that part at all. A lot of people buy their games second hand. I just do not see how this passed as a good idea.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

They are greedy as fuck them Microsoft! After they stop making software for Xbox 360, I'm moving on to PS4 as well. I just hope the PS4 has improved backwards compatibility and features this time around.

Board footer