You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Stream for new Xbox console reveal.

Axl S wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

A lot of people buy their games second hand. I just do not see how this passed as a good idea.

A mixture of publishers wanting it so that they don't lose money to used game sales and Microsoft wanting to ensure they always get their cut of game sales. This "feature" might have lured some publishers to give Microsoft a lot of exclusives as well.

I've already got a Wii U, and depending on the E3 conference I might skip the new Xbox and jump to PS4 for this gen.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Oh my what a train wreck that turned out to be. So basically they haven't had GAMERS in mind at all? Looks to me like an advanced version of facebook or something, with games as an added feature.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

This sums it up quite nicely. wink

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Haha, that reminded me of this classic:

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Haha. Call it premature but Sony will win.

'Xbox go home" 16

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

polluxlm wrote:

Haha, that reminded me of this classic:

14 Good stuff!

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

This clarifies a lot of the Doom and Gloom being kicked around in this thread. I'm on my phone or I'd format it better than just a raw link for you all. But check it out its a quick two page interview.
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/05/p … =co8205044

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

lol

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
smoke wrote:

This clarifies a lot of the Doom and Gloom being kicked around in this thread. I'm on my phone or I'd format it better than just a raw link for you all. But check it out its a quick two page interview.
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/05/p … =co8205044

Looks more like back peddling to me. That guy has got to be a lawyer the way he slimes himself around those questions. The only thing I feel he kinda denies is that your box will stop functioning if you don't have internet for 24 hours. But that was so stupid to begin with it couldn't possibly have been true anyways.

Will most people get along with the Xbox just fine? Probably, but from a pr standpoint this reveal was even worse than Sony's. Who the hell is in charge of the marketing departments these days?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I think he's got to sidestep some direct questions because they've got another announcement in June. I'm no fanboy, but I love my 360, and I'm pretty excited at some of the stuff we saw this week.  I've got some serious concerns, too, but I REALLY want to see some numbers and dates get put out there before I get too worked up. Especially the nuts and bolts of this licensing system they're setting up.

Board footer