You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: New Pearl Jam coming soon

RaZor wrote:

(Classic Rock) Speculation is increasing that Pearl Jam will be releasing new music soon, with a report that a single from their long-awaited tenth album be will released on July 16.

The speculation came after industry listing site AllAccess.com listed a song called "Mind Your Manners" for launch on that date, but later removed it.

Guitarist Mike McCready recently said the follow-up to 2009?s Backspacer was nearly finished and would be released this year "for sure."

http://www.antimusic.com/news/13/June/0 … onth.shtml

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

That's great news. Would love to hear some new Pearl Jam. Haven't heard a whole lot of their more recent material from a few years back; but the songs I did hear I thought were pretty good.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Same here, I haven't paid attention to them since Binaural, but their last 2 albums, Pearl Jam and Backspacer, got some really great reviews.  I'm planning to give them a listen soon.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RaZor wrote:

Same here, I haven't paid attention to them since Binaural, but their last 2 albums, Pearl Jam and Backspacer, got some really great reviews.  I'm planning to give them a listen soon.

Oh hell yea! Same here!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
RaZor wrote:

I enjoyed Backspacer quite a bit.  Still give it a spin from time to time.  It's short, but lots of good songs on there.  Finally got me back on board, so I'd certainly be interested to hear some new music from them.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'm torn on this band...I've been underwhelmed since (and including) vitalogy

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I feel the exact same way. I finally listened to Backspacer yesterday and that was my take away, did't dislike it, but I wasn't at all moved by it. And it got such great reviews, lol.

I think the trouble for me is with Eddie's voice, I don't think it's as powerful as it used to be, and it's gotten so raspy that its difficult to understand the lyrics.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
RaZor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I think the trouble for me is with Eddie's voice, I don't think it's as powerful as it used to be, and it's gotten so raspy that its difficult to understand the lyrics.

Eddie's always been hard to understand.  No one knows what the hell he's singing in "Yellow Ledbetter"

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

On tha ceiling on a voice ah better said on a leavin on a wishin on a way e yey an I call out I say and I call out isay and I call out again. An I'm whisline no wanna wear on a back soul abag!. And I see them on a front wayyyyyyyyy, on ceiling out on da porch .

.. Clear as mud...lol

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've felt this way since the late 90's. I actually walked away from the band for many many years, so much to the point I didn't know much of them past Ten and some singles.

Truthfully, they've been a singles band since about No Code. Sure they always have a few good tracks per record, but I truely miss the Pearl Jam of their early years.

With Soundgarden back in form, Chains souped up and reminded the world who they are.... it'd be nice if the Seattle trifecta was complete and Pearl Jam released like "Ten.5" or something like that. Something that harkens back to their early days.

Board footer