You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Re: New Pearl Jam coming soon

Son of a Gun wrote:

Off topic, in terms of consistency, Pearl Jam slaughters Soundgarden.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Yeah, Pearl Jam have been consistently bland.

I wouldn't say that about Soundgarden

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Consistently bland ? first 4 albums are great and there are some hidden gems on later releases. Soundgarden has what ? Superunknown, Badmotorfinger and King Animal ? Ultramega OK. Louder Than Love and Down on the Upside suck shit.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Consistently bland ? first 4 albums are great and there are some hidden gems on later releases. Soundgarden has what ? Superunknown, Badmotorfinger and King Animal ? Ultramega OK. Louder Than Love and Down on the Upside suck shit.

I'd say first two are great, half of Vitalogy is ok, but yep, they got pretty bland after that, and thats been going about 20 years now.
Granted Soundgarden disappeared for a long time, but they seemed to get better with every album they put out.

Down on the Upside is great too, you should give it another spin, especially if you think PJ slaughter Soundgarden... 14 14 14

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I far prefer Pearl Jam to Soundgarden too. Just could never get into them to the depths that others did. And I too personally think Vitalogy is much better than Down on the Upside. Different strokes for different folks.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I'd say first two are great, half of Vitalogy is ok, but yep, they got pretty bland after that, and thats been going about 20 years now.
Granted Soundgarden disappeared for a long time, but they seemed to get better with every album they put out.

Down on the Upside is great too, you should give it another spin, especially if you think PJ slaughter Soundgarden... 14 14 14

Down on the Upside had few good songs but overall that album was weak Black Hole Sun is painfully lousy song and it was a lead single. As for Pearl Jam, as I said, I like most of their later albums as a band they`re more consistent than Soundgarden.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Black Hole Sun, along with its video, is a whole nother can of worms with any sort of psychedelics in the mix. Truth.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Down on the Upside had few good songs but overall that album was weak Black Hole Sun is painfully lousy song and it was a lead single. As for Pearl Jam, as I said, I like most of their later albums as a band they`re more consistent than Soundgarden.

Black Hole Sun wasn't even on that album... 10 14

Which just proves you're full of shit, continually coming into every thread and telling everyone like your opinion is the only one that matters.

You should at least know what you're talking about, before you state such things, because it just makes you look like a fool. 16 16 16

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Black Hole Sun wasn't even on that album... 10 14

Which just proves you're full of shit, continually coming into every thread and telling everyone like your opinion is the only one that matters.

You should at least know what you're talking about, before you state such things, because it just makes you look like a fool. 16 16 16

Your " telling everyone like your opinion is the only one that matters " is really old, and outdated come up with something new big boy, oh holy shit, you explored new continent by discovering that Black Hole Sun was n`t on Down on the Upside ? it was a mechanical mistake from my part . Does it hurt your feelings that I prefer Pearl Jam to Soundgarden ? well, you gotta accept that everyone has different opinions and tastes. last but not least, take your passive aggressive jabs and shove them where sun will never shine you got it champ ?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Alright u have each had your jabs...now let's move on...I'd pick aic, stp or nirvana over either one 16

Board footer