You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: New Pearl Jam coming soon

metallex78 wrote:

Getting this thread back on track, here's hoping it doesn't get derailed again by the haters...

pearllightning.jpg

Pearl Jam's new single Mind Your Manners is here, and their new album Lightning Bolt, is due out October 15.

I like it. Still not as great as their early material, but certainly a step in the right direction.
Reminds me of like a cross between Go (the intro build up) and maybe Spin the Black Circle

Definitely has my curiosity levels quite high for the rest of the album.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

I'm a sucker for cool band logos/album covers, and I think the Lightning Bolt album cover looks badass!

As for Mind Your Manners, meh

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

I really hope there will be much better songs than this on the album.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Thought the track was ok. Has some energy and a little more manic than most Pearl Jam songs I hear nowadays. Hope for the best that the rest of the album kicks ass. I got to give them credit for sticking around for the last couple of decades.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Song sucks and the album art is worse. Seems like another liberal villianization of God n' Guns.

What stuns me is for as anti-establishment as these grunge bands were, in their middle age they seem to be so willing to trust government and willingly champion the dismantling of individual freedom.

If anything i'd think they'd make music that is the opposite, almost to the point of being pro-terrorist at this point.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Song sucks and the album art is worse. Seems like another liberal villianization of God n' Guns.

What stuns me is for as anti-establishment as these grunge bands were, in their middle age they seem to be so willing to trust government and willingly champion the dismantling of individual freedom.

If anything i'd think they'd make music that is the opposite, almost to the point of being pro-terrorist at this point.

Ironically, liberals fancy thenselves the champions of civil liberties. But I guess that's only the civil liberties they like.

I can look past the in-your-face politics if I like the music though, in this case, not so much. I've been bored with Pearl Jam, and grunge in general, for a long while now.

Bloodflower
 Rep: 8 

Bloodflower wrote:

The song doesn't suck and the album art is ok. Anyone who liked Spin the Black Circle would like this song. Very similar. If you liked Spin the Black Circle and think this songs sucks you're lying to yourself and have been blinded by your fantastical expectations of Pearl Jam. Pearl Jam's last album Backspacer was one of, if not their best album in my opinion and the lead single Fixer wasn't mind blowing, just good like this is. I'm excited to hear the whole album.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
Bloodflower wrote:

The song doesn't suck and the album art is ok. Anyone who liked Spin the Black Circle would like this song. Very similar. If you liked Spin the Black Circle and think this songs sucks you're lying to yourself and have been blinded by your fantastical expectations of Pearl Jam. Pearl Jam's last album Backspacer was one of, if not their best album in my opinion and the lead single Fixer wasn't mind blowing, just good like this is. I'm excited to hear the whole album.

You just hit the nail on the head on why I don't like it, it's too similar to spin the black circle. Everything they've done since Vitalogy has been derivative IMO. I'm bored with it. I wouldn't call it bad, I just don't care to hear it anymore.  :-/  To sum up, meh.

Lomax wrote:
RaZor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Ironically, liberals fancy thenselves the champions of civil liberties. But I guess that's only the civil liberties they like.

I can look past the in-your-face politics if I like the music though, in this case, not so much. I've been bored with Pearl Jam, and grunge in general, for a long while now.

Is it really that clear cut in America now? The liberals and the conservatives just hate each other?
There ain't THAT much difference between the two parties

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
Lomax wrote:
RaZor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Is it really that clear cut in America now? The liberals and the conservatives just hate each other?
There ain't THAT much difference between the two parties

Between the two parties policy wise, not many differences really. Ideological differences abound between their constituents though. Biggest one at the moment being liberals think big government is the answer to everything, while conservatives believe that a big government will inevitably become a totalitarian government and want to limit it as much as possible.

Board footer