You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Your Opinions on a Axl/Slash Reconciliation

metallex78 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

TSI was barely even promoted but I do remember a Slash interview at the time, might have been People Magazine or EW, where he says Axl basically had to force/beg him to sing it and he wasn't ever going to do that again. Not an exact quote of course but he said something along those lines.

Axl.....please beg him again.  14

I also remember Slash saying that he wanted to play some smaller venues for a short run to promote TSI, but Axl didn't agree on that, which I think was the early stages of Slash saying "fuck this, if Guns won't do it, I'll do it with my own band..."

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Just curious, how is Slash playing Bucket material any more disrespectful to Bucket, than Bucket covering Slash stuff....?

Bucket owning that Nightrain outro wasn't being disrespectful obviously. He was just doing his own thing with it. Playing a sixty second snippet of a Bucket solo track between songs in a somewhat joking manner is an entirely different thing.

Or maybe I'm just....

person-smoking-crack-o.gif

I also remember Slash saying that he wanted to play some smaller venues for a short run to promote TSI, but Axl didn't agree on that, which I think was the early stages of Slash saying "fuck this, if Guns won't do it, I'll do it with my own band..."

Its amazing how after that UYI tour that went on forever, Slash wanted to do another tour.

If anyone needed a sign Slash was on drugs, there's exhibit A.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Yeah, when Duff told Axl he was going to go back on the road with Believe in Me, Axl was a bit incredulous. His line was something in the vein of 'We were just on the road for years, it'll end in tears.'

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its amazing how after that UYI tour that went on forever, Slash wanted to do another tour.

Indeed...for a quy that's so famous Slash is by most accounts very humble and very nice, but his work ethic is almost pathological. It's cool for fans because it means we get so much....but at the same time sometimes I wonder if he's actually afraid of not-pushing forward...I guess he knows what keeps him off junk....but I do wonder for his family...like between the constant touring and his other businesses I wonder if he is ever home lol

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Just curious, how is Slash playing Bucket material any more disrespectful to Bucket, than Bucket covering Slash stuff....?

Bucket owning that Nightrain outro wasn't being disrespectful obviously. He was just doing his own thing with it. Playing a sixty second snippet of a Bucket solo track between songs in a somewhat joking manner is an entirely different thing.

Or maybe I'm just....

person-smoking-crack-o.gif

I think you might be James... 10 14 14

The only Bucket that I'm referring to Slash playing is the stuff that is on CD tracks, thats if the CD stuff appears.

I don't think anyone was implying that Slash would play actual Bucket solo songs in a Guns set. I agree, that would be just weird...

I was just talking about Slash's usual solo spot, which is usually the Godfather, or some other Slash bluesy noodling stuff, or jams with whoever else ends up in the band

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Indeed...for a quy that's so famous Slash is by most accounts very humble and very nice, but his work ethic is almost pathological. It's cool for fans because it means we get so much....but at the same time sometimes I wonder if he's actually afraid of not-pushing forward...I guess he knows what keeps him off junk....but I do wonder for his family...like between the constant touring and his other businesses I wonder if he is ever home lol

Well, he is getting divorced. wink

Wouldn't call it work ethic as much as keeping busy. By all accounts he hates long stretches in the studio.

What he likes is to play. Almost with whoever. Pop, rock, rap. Doesn't seem to matter. We'll be seeing him on stage for as long as he lives imo.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Will Fortus get a solo spot as he always had and will slash play rhythm for him?
That is the million dollar question!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Still need time for a bathroom break, so I hope so.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Yes, there's that... But I'm more interested in the dynamics....

There's never been such a situation where Slash is not in the spotlight on a gnr concert solo spot...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
otto wrote:

Yes, there's that... But I'm more interested in the dynamics....

There's never been such a situation where Slash is not in the spotlight on a gnr concert solo spot...

I would say Richard would get some CD solos, and Slash will do all his own leads. I can see them doing a dual lead on RQ.

Board footer