You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: I guess Izzy was scheduled to appear with GNR in Quebec tomorrow....

smoke wrote:

til he wasn't.

http://likeadog.boards.net/thread/27/qu … nouncement
We regret to inform you that Izzy Stradlin's guest appearance with Guns N' Roses in Quebec City on 12.7.2013 has been cancelled. This will not affect in any way the Guns N' Roses concert, which will go on as scheduled.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Must be on holiday.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Must be on holiday.

Holiday? It's not as though he works 9-5 like all of us, when is he NOT on holiday? 14 14 14

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

What a joke Izzy is, he downgraded himself to session and touring guitarist. Good riddance Izz.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

It's too bad Izzy couldn't make it, my hope is that he'll be on some songs on GN'R's next album... God only knows when that will happen

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:

Begs to ask why should Izzy be on next GNR album ( if there is any ) when he left the band 22 years ago ?

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Because he was a key piece to one of the greatest rock bands in the history of music, and his chemistry with Axl produced great songwriting. He could only make a new album better IMO

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Because he was a key piece to one of the greatest rock bands in the history of music, and his chemistry with Axl produced great songwriting. He could only make a new album better IMO

He was but it was more than two decades ago. We don`t know whether he could make new album better or worse.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

What a joke Izzy is, he downgraded himself to session and touring guitarist. Good riddance Izz.

wow that's harsh.

I've been critical of izzy for the HOF incident..

but realistically I don't think you can say he downgraded himself...Axl made him an employee first and he quit in protest....

Sure these days he takes the pay to show up as a guest....but hey...I guess that's him making the best of both worlds.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

wow that's harsh.

I've been critical of izzy for the HOF incident..

but realistically I don't think you can say he downgraded himself...Axl made him an employee first and he quit in protest....

Sure these days he takes the pay to show up as a guest....but hey...I guess that's him making the best of both worlds.

That`s who he is really, nothing personal against him but he`s a touring guitarist in my book.

Board footer