You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Pretty cool video interview with Fortus

Apologies if it's been posted before – I just discovered it! Fortus talking about how the band's changed up the old songs, and who wrote which bits of Better:

I've a suspicion that there's enough of Fortus' KOHD lines in there to mix it together with the old studio track – be interesting to hear that...

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Haha, that's bound to piss off some Robin fans who think that Robin wrote all of Better. Richard actually wrote some of the cooler riff parts of the song.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Dude`s a killer guitarist. Let Ashba fuck off and give Richard a chance to shine.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

fortus skills are impressive. Great classic shredding. Nice to hear some things cleared up about Better's writing and recording process. Especially since Richard plays the fuck out of that song live. He really gets into it.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

He's so good and so under appreciated

Me_Wise_Magic

smoke wrote:

He's so good and so under appreciated

Highly agree! 9

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Haha, that's bound to piss off some Robin fans who think that Robin wrote all of Better. Richard actually wrote some of the cooler riff parts of the song.

Not me. I'm a Robin fan and I think we all knew he didn't write the whole song by himself. But it might just piss off some people who think Richard has contributed nothing to the band. lol

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

So that puts Better in the timeline AFTER 2002. Good source for Whispers.
smile

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

The really sad thing for me is that we'll never get to hear Fortus and Slash together – I reckon Fortus' choppy rhythm parts and country picking would mesh really well with Slash's blues-rock stylings. Plus he has killer stage presence.

In my fantasy land, I picture Axl getting a voice trainer and getting back to his 2006 form, with Fortus and Slash on guitars, Duff on bass, Ferrer on drums and Mother Goose and Dizzy on the keys. And Izzy writing and guesting occasionally. That'd be an awesome band.

Me_Wise_Magic

elevendayempire wrote:

The really sad thing for me is that we'll never get to hear Fortus and Slash together – I reckon Fortus' choppy rhythm parts and country picking would mesh really well with Slash's blues-rock stylings. Plus he has killer stage presence.

In my fantasy land, I picture Axl getting a voice trainer and getting back to his 2006 form, with Fortus and Slash on guitars, Duff on bass, Ferrer on drums and Mother Goose and Dizzy on the keys. And Izzy writing and guesting occasionally. That'd be an awesome band.

That would be killer to see live! 9

Board footer