You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Poll: Best Metallica Album '83-'91 Era

metallex78 wrote:
RaZor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Like I posted earlier, I got into Metallica via the Black album in 1992, but soon discovered their better work was before that album, so I'm kind of an old school fan.

I think this is how it happened for most people, the Black Album is what really got them known right?

They had definitely made a name for themselves prior to the Black album, but you're right, that is the album that made them into the megastars they are today.

What's the best Metallica Album from the '83-'91 Era?

Kill Em All 9%
Ride The Lightning 4%
Master of Puppets 48%
...And Justice For All 13%
The Black Album 26%
Total votes: 23
RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
RaZor wrote:
smoke wrote:

Me too- I wonder if it splits on age lines? I'm not suggesting there's any wrong opinion, so don't think that. But is there anyone voting for Black who was already well into Metallica pre-Justice I wonder?

I might be off, but maybe the Black Album is winning because this is a GNR forum. I've always though of GNR as a thrash metal band with pop metal hooks, and the black album kind of gives me that same vibe.

GN'R and Metallica were the two biggest rock bands in the world in 1992. I was a GN'R fan first and it was only through GN'R's lack of activity and new music that I started to become more of a Metallica fan.

GN'R got me hooked on hard rock guitar initially, and discovering Metallica's hard rock appeal on the Black album hooked me in too.

And there was that big / infamous tour they did together in 92 that probably got fans from either band to like the other. Though I was to young to attend, I've got an awesome hand me down t-shirt from that tour.

Is there still bad blood between the bands because the infamous pyro accident / riot?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I threw a vote out to Kill 'Em All, because I personally love that record. But we all know the Black Album is the best.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Is there still bad blood between the bands because the infamous pyro accident / riot?

Axl said some nasty stuff on stage about Metallica in 1993, that there is youtube footage of.
But Lars always spoke very highly of Axl in recent years, and came out to play on Out Ta Get Me during their 2006 tour, so I think at least Axl and Lars are on good terms again.

I think Axl mentioned that he liked Death Magnetic too.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Master easy.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Speaking of Metallica... 16

Just listen..

https://soundcloud.com/kcclips/hetfield-grunts

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Master of Puppets!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I like Metallica pre-Black, so, yeah, I voted Master. After Justice, I lost my hard-core fandom of them.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Good to see some Masters checking in. I'm really surprised on what a slam dunk Black is in a lot of ppl's opinions. NOT CRITICIZING! Just came as kind of a shock to me.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

And I'm listening to Hetfield's yeahs all the way through right now. Brilliant.

Board footer