You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: sp1at thread

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Will wrote:
sp1at wrote:

No GN'R album this year unless circumstances propel it. A mid 2015 release is looking likely

I know you have a reputation as being an insider so this is kinda disheartening if true sad Seems like neither Axl or the label cares to put out a GNR album anytime soon, and given the state of the music industry I can't say I really blame either of them.

Axl's probably making more money from touring than he would from an album release, and the label are happy to not put out an album just so as to keep Axl under contract awaiting their not in this lifetime reunion album.

I'd be as happy as a pig in shit if I could just pay $0.99, just once, and legally download just one new song from GN'R 16 At least we know Guns might play 2-3 new songs on their next tour, but I'm expecting only 2 songs - Going Down and acoustic Better - and they're not new if you're a downloading motherfucker like me (and the rest of the Evo/MSL/MyGNR/HTGTH members!)

I've got my fingers crossed that Izzy puts out an album this year, seems to make the years waiting for GNR releases a little easier, for me anyway izzy

There are a lot of good bands out there, you just need to know where to find it.  Indie bands are the way to go right now there are a ton of good indie bands. Check out bands like the birthday massacre, the royal concept, foster the people, and of monsters and men to get you started. 

Guns n roses are dead, All the talent of the current band has already left with Finck, Buckethead and even brain.

The band should just release the CD era stuff with BH and Robin the write a new album with the current lineup.  NO one wants to hear songs that were written in 98-2002 redone by the current band.

And the stuff this current band would write is going to be shit anyways.  I know I don't to to her the generic crap that DJ and Ron come up with

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Will wrote:
sp1at wrote:

No GN'R album this year unless circumstances propel it. A mid 2015 release is looking likely

I know you have a reputation as being an insider so this is kinda disheartening if true sad Seems like neither Axl or the label cares to put out a GNR album anytime soon, and given the state of the music industry I can't say I really blame either of them.

Axl's probably making more money from touring than he would from an album release, and the label are happy to not put out an album just so as to keep Axl under contract awaiting their not in this lifetime reunion album.

I'd be as happy as a pig in shit if I could just pay $0.99, just once, and legally download just one new song from GN'R 16 At least we know Guns might play 2-3 new songs on their next tour, but I'm expecting only 2 songs - Going Down and acoustic Better - and they're not new if you're a downloading motherfucker like me (and the rest of the Evo/MSL/MyGNR/HTGTH members!)

I've got my fingers crossed that Izzy puts out an album this year, seems to make the years waiting for GNR releases a little easier, for me anyway izzy

Something different may happen, but I am not wanting to chase shadows if nothing is happening.

It is feasible that promotion of something new could happen this year with touring, and there may be news of some recording taking place later in the year. So there is alot to look out for.

Remember that there is another albums worth of material near recorded, info from yesteryear, so anything is possible. There was enough material for a trilogy of albums, but some tracks were still unworked. 'Ides of March' was a loop written by Dizzy and was one of the unworked tracks for the third album. There will also be offered tracks by DJ and Bumblefoot which could feature on forthcoming releases.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

"There will also be offered tracks by DJ and Bumblefoot which could feature on forthcoming releases."

God, I hope not. Heard what they've made on their own and I'm not impressed.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
misterID wrote:

"There will also be offered tracks by DJ and Bumblefoot which could feature on forthcoming releases."

God, I hope not. Heard what they've made on their own and I'm not impressed.

Someone mentioned it already.

Until they change approach, my GNR fandom is lukewarm right now. At best. Just nostalgia, and what worse - it's nostalgia with the wrong bloody band.
It wasn't what I was hoping for.

I have good hopes for DJ. The guy can write the shit. Bumblefoot I am more skeptical to. Nothing in his solo stuff is interesting, and his cooperation with
Tony Harnell was one of the biggest disappointments of 2013.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I find both Bumble and DJ's stuff to be pretty generic – and, in DJ's case, a parody of the material the old band put out. And tonally I'm not mad about them either, there are way too many flourishes in their playing. I just want Bucket and Finck back. sad

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I didn't think much of Bumble's solo stuff, but the couple of songs he previewed at those shows that were specifically written for GN'R, they sound great. And they both have the potential to be be great new GN'R songs.

I like DJ's work with SixxAM too, and I think combined with Axls input, he could create some great modern rock songs, which seems to be what Axl is going for

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

metallex78 wrote:

I didn't think much of Bumble's solo stuff, but the couple of songs he previewed at those shows that were specifically written for GN'R, they sound great. And they both have the potential to be be great new GN'R songs.

I like DJ's work with SixxAM too, and I think combined with Axls input, he could create some great modern rock songs, which seems to be what Axl is going for

Thinking the same things too man! It all depends on Axl making that move to put his cards on the table and record with the guys!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Is it a stretch to think that Axl's holding out for Bucket to return? I mean, yeah, it's a weak possibility, but all we have time for is speculation, and it kind of sounds, going by history, that Axl can try and "wait" someone out of the band rather than fire them (possibly conctract stipulation that if you're fired without cause you're owed payment of the full contract, like other sports &entertainment contracts are written, but is forfeited if you quit). Just throwing it out there. If it's a test of wills, Axl will win. I only say that because Axl was trying to get Bucket back up to the time Ron was still in the band.

If Axl is handed songs that he's not feeling... Why should he write to it? He didn't write to Slash's music, why would he do it for Ron's or DJ's?

And I always thought the Ron playing "GN'R music" in the bar was a goof.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I definitely think Axl is a huge fan of Bucket's. They've tried to get him back more times then we probably even know, and the treatment of Ron by the band pretty much says it all. "This guy won't be around for long, so don't get used to him". I just get that overall feeling.

What stuns me is with Ron's medical problems, plus his vocal criticism of the dynamics of business in GN'R, i'm shocked somebody else wasn't called before the 2009-10 tour. Then Ron spoke of, well if Ron's not doing it, then Axl's not doing it, which is kinda stand up, but what's the overall point of it all?

I have full belief that DJ Ashba is there to write with Axl if and when the time comes. The rest of the band already has. Ron? Seems to be on the outside looking in.

Is he waiting for Bucket? I'm sure he'd take Bucket back in a second, at a high cost. I think Robin & Bucket inspire him, and maybe even DJ even though when haven't heard anything from him. Axl paling around with DJ and DJ saying "he's played me this, he's played me that", is definitely a man that has at least kicked the tires on new music with certain people he likes.

I personally am half hard right now thinking of a Guns N' Roses album with Axl vocals/lyrics, DJ radio melodies, Bucket melodic Padmasana solos, with Richard in the background waiting to Slash it up when they need him to.

Pretty bad ass hybrid of GN'R if you ask me.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

If Axl wants Bucket back he should maybe consider making him the only guitarist. For one thing it's a waste having a guy like him standing around waiting for small solo spots, on the other hand I think the lesser guitarists around him feel intimidated which leads to tension.

Ron doesn't impress me a bit creatively. Wouldn't bat an eyelid if he got thrown out. He's got a sort of Slash like personality too, feels fake. I don't like it.

Board footer