You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: The man who cannot sing...

Smoking Guns wrote:

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I don't think anyone would say he can't sing.  He's just too plain/generic.  Like Scott Stapp or Chris Doughtry.  If you're referring to VR, I'd rather see someone more weathered, from a legit band like Chris Robinson. I view Myles Kennedy as a David Coverdale type (Whitesnake "Here I go again on my own...").

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I want to see Slash and Robert Plant make that blues album I've been pining for. Can you imagine him writing the lyrics and singing on By Th Sword? Holy hell...

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I want to see Slash and Robert Plant make that blues album I've been pining for. Can you imagine him writing the lyrics and singing on By Th Sword? Holy hell...

I assume you mean prime Plant, not current Plant. As for Myles, he is a good singer but definitely gets way too nasally on the high notes.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Nope, current Plant. Love his voice, even now.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

misterID wrote:

Nope, current Plant. Love his voice, even now.

Agreed! smile He still has so much power and soul.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I wouldn't say he can't sing, his voice just grates me and I personally don't think it's good. The same for Scott Stapp and Paul Stanley. It's personal preference. I still think Geddy Lee is a good singer and I had a girlfriend who would want to jump out of a window of a moving car on the interstate, landing on broken glass to get away from him. 16

My opinion about his voice doesn't matter one bit. Congrats to him on the award, though.

I would far rather hear Scott Stapp sing with Alter Bridge... and i'm not even a big Creed fan, even though they were fucking mammoth during my high school days.

What I don't understand, is unless Stapp was a total dick wanting his vocals up front, or it was a decision in a producer's office, where was THIS Alter Bridge band when Creed was being Creed? Has AB existed, as Creed, with Stapp back in the heyday, with the obviously insanely talented Mark Tremonti with big lead solos, and Stapp's obvious ability to sing, they might've been taken FAR MORE seriously as the next stage in rock progression, combining elements of radio-ready hooks with more of what Alter Bridge does that has more of a classic rock meets post-grunge appeal.

I honestly don't get it. Whether we're talking about what Creed-minus Stapp-does with their time, nor the appeal of Myles Kennedy.

Being Kennedy is tied-up with Slash and AB... Scott Stapp for new VR singer sounds good to me. I just DO NOT get the Kennedy thing. He's horribly pitchy, his voice is irritating, he wouldn't make it past the first tryout on The Voice, and his vocals and melodies are terribly samey in most of the stuff he sings.

As soon as Kennedy goes "high", he might as well be Vince Neil murmuring and wheezing through another rendition of Kickstart My Heart, because it all sounds that same.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Scott Stapp over Myles Kennedy???

Now I know this forum has truly lost the plot! Lol

Scott Stapp is a lame ass posing Eddie Vedder wannabe. Myles on a good day is closer to a Chris Cornell style of vocal, and I also believe that Scott was the reason we didn't get the cool shredding guitar that Tremonti plays in Alter Bridge

With Scott fronting Alter Bridge, they'd get laughed at, just like Creed do

Scott over Myles... I still can't believe that was suggested... LOL

Oh, and without Myles fronting AB, we would've never gotten the best song in their catalog - Blackbird

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Axl picks good collaborators, Slash picks bad ones. If I wanted to tell people in the future what hair metal sounded like I would play them Myles Kennedy.

At least Stapp sounds like a man.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Axl picks good collaborators, Slash picks bad ones. If I wanted to tell people in the future what hair metal sounded like I would play them Myles Kennedy.

At least Stapp sounds like a man.

Scott Stapp sounds like he's gargling marbles under water, and is cheesy as fuck.
You don't have to be a fan of Myles to see that... hahaha

When Myles stays out of the nasal register, he shits all over Scott, especially in songwriting and lyrics.

Board footer