You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

Smoking Guns wrote:

I was joking...  Read mrID's comment. Was a set up for me. Haha

Lomax wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I was joking...  Read mrID's comment. Was a set up for me. Haha

Ah my bad. Squze e mwah.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

At this point, it's just totally annoying. I don't think losing Ron is a big loss now.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

At this point if Ron's not happy then he really just needs to go. I don't see the current dysfunctional situation with the band changing any time soon, so it's time for him to follow through on his veiled threats.  I certainly wouldn't begrudge him for moving on.

He's been good for the band and no doubt GNR has been good for him at times too, albeit a double edged sword.  You can't get the good from GNR without also taking on a lot of shit too.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I feel bad for the guy. He's really nice to the fans and gels so well with the current band. He obviously just doesn't want to just do solos or over dubs on the next album. He wants to write with them and have his own songs and concepts included with Axl's stuff, whatever DJ's given, and what's left in the vault. Also speaking of the vault, he wasn't keen on working on older material now due to some interviews. He wanted to make fresh stuff with this band in play. It's just a situation where he just can't win. Touring helps pay the bills and get some exposure; but that's really about it. He doesn't seem to have much fun. I can understand that. Not bashing him. GNR with the labels and management is just frustrating.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I've heard his solo music and have a pretty good sense about his writing ability... that's all I have to say about it.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Ron is not leaving unless Axl gets fed up with his antics, and Axl likes Ron, so I cannot see this going anywhere too quickly

As I said earlier on, no new album this year. I knew the touring was ending, but it is not turning into anything positive

Band member pressure is the key to a new album release, I cannot see it happening otherwise

misterID

misterID wrote:

So Axl doesn't want to release a new album?

I thought the whole plan was to take '14 off and start back up with an album in 2015??

AtariLegend wrote:

There was a plan to release a double album in 1999 as well supposedly.

*just saying*

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
sp1at wrote:

no new album this year.

Wont be one next year either. We're no closer to an album than we were in 2009.

Haven't been around the GNR sites in ages. Are there still people remaining who believe it's anything other than a nostalgia act? I cant even imagine the excuses flying in 2014(and beyond).

Board footer