You are not logged in. Please register or login.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

starsko wrote:

<a personal slight on Bumblefoot, not needed here. -mods>

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
sp1at wrote:

no new album this year.

Wont be one next year either. We're no closer to an album than we were in 2009.

Haven't been around the GNR sites in ages. Are there still people remaining who believe it's anything other than a nostalgia act? I cant even imagine the excuses flying in 2014(and beyond).

Good to see you posting. Been a long time huh?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

My biggest problem with Ron is that he's always doing this, always acting miserable about being in the band in these interviews. After nearly 10 years and he still hasn't figured out how the band writes music, and he still hasn't caught on that they aren't going to get in a room and write a song, or release one song a year, then that's his own fault. We're fans, not bandmembers, and we all know Axl writes music based on what these guys present him. They don't sit in a room and write.

If that's such a big deal for him, leave. Stop complaining about it. Even DJ knows the score and has been giving Axl music, not waiting around for something that's not happening... I never saw someone so damn miserable in a band before who didn't just bow out.  He's dismissing the music for CD 2 because he didn't have a hand in writing it. He's complaining about tour scheduling. Complaining about not writing new music together in the same room. Complaining about touring and the shows. All this dude does is complain. I mean, come on, man.

Agreed. We all give Ron a pass because he has been so good with fans, and plus his near-death wreck, but the reality of it is he was never really all that much of a force in the band anyways. His contributions to CD fucking ruined the originals (sorry), and even if I could say something positive about him, it MIGHT be his rhythm additions to Chinese-the song, other than that... fuhgettaboutit.

I still stand by seeing an emotional change in Ron towards everything after his wreck. All of his interviews and statements became very pessimistic, cynical, snide, and frankly whiney. Wah, the band doesn't like me, wah we won't record, wah i'm thinking about leaving.

Then go bro. Show them. Fuck their shit up. Fuck the band up and force them to stop touring.

Know why he didn't?

Because who the fuck knew who Ron Fucking Thal was before Guns N' Roses?

There's your answer. It's that paycheck man, he knows it, we know it. It's not about no love, it's just truth. And the truth hurts.

I just am really, really over this butthurt, game playing he does about in and out, in and out of the band. If it's a game between him and Axl, and Axl's in on the joke, then I apologize in advance. But if Ron is for real --- fuck him. That's not cool. Even if it's Team Brazil.

Buckethead ain't coming back. Slash will come back before Bucket. Doug Aldrich is a more likely replacement. I think the fans, and Axl, would really like him, especially being that he can emulate BOTH Slash & Bucket, solving all of Axl's needs.

Problem is, Doug is just as bad in terms or artistic integrity. If Doug isn't recording... he bolts. David Coverdale dragged his ass so long on a third WS album with Doug, that Doug quit.

Then again, there's another option NO ONE has considered. Maybe Axl wants to record again, but just not with this band. Ron himself said that the band themselves never called, even though he knew they were writing together. Bottom line, if the next GN'R album happens, it will happen... with Axl, DJ, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy & Chris, and maybe even Duff & Izzy... all of which seem willing to be in a studio with each other -- sans Ron.

Frankly Ron should've saw the writing on the wall 6-7 years ago.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yes.

Didn't even DJ tweet once in response to Ron's bitching, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you"? I never saw Ron as a member because he wanted to be in GN'R. It was a guy making a paycheck. You could say the same about Tommy, but it's clear he has bought into the band over the years, still states his opinion, but never really airs his business in front of the world...and he could have bolted years ago. I think the guy really cares about Axl.

You know what Ron's bullshit reminds me of? Slash. Slash airing all of their shit out into the press during the that tense period where the band was clearly dying and everyone seemed to be having some sort of breakdown over it... Why is Ron getting a pass here?

DJ is obviously friends with Axl. I don't see that with Ron... if anything, Axl could try to wait Ron out to quit, something I've always considered. But Ron is in no way on the same level with Axl, or on the musical level for that matter, the way Bucket was. And I guarantee you putting Ron on the album was specifically aimed at Bucket as a "fuck you." You see all that work you spent years on? Yeah, I'm taking a shit on it. No offense.

I think Ron is a great rhythm player, and he can cover the solos well... his original shit? Give me a break. Seeing what he did to Rhiad... No. No. Stop it. I can only imagine what he replaced on Shackler's.

I like Ron, but damn, I've never bought into him being a part of this band. And it's things like this that convince me he doesn't really want to be there.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I can't understand all the Ron bashing here. Sure he's been whining about GN'R for years now. But this is only because he's the only one there with artistic integrity. He wants to create. The others are only there for the paycheck. Can you imagine how frustrating this can be for an artist to play other people's ancient songs in the same order day by day, when the band has big potential?
I also don't get the "he's the new Slash" stuff, like it would be something negative. Yeah, Slash used to bitch (more directly) about Axl and his (non-existant) working ethics. He'd been bitching for 2 years then quit. Interestingly enough, the same people who blame him for his "bitching" blame him for leaving the band. What should have he done? What should Ron do? They tried and try everything to get Axl, this (once) extremely talented man fulfill his potential. or at least create something new instead of ripping off the fans with the same old shit again and again. Unfortunately Axl has all the power and he's only using it for doing nothing. Such a shame. Really, what should Ron do? He should do the Robin? The "now I'm out, now I'm in, now I'm out again" scenario? Or the "I'm the Whacko Jacko of guitar, build me a chicken coop, oops I left just weeks before the new nostalgia tour" BH route?
Ron's more honest, sincere and has the best intentions of moving forward than anyone in the band since Slash N' Duff. There is a chance that Axl doesn't wanna record with his new band at all. I don't think it'd be a Ron-specific problem, since NOTHING's keeping him from making an album without whoever he wants. The problem is he doesn't wanna do anything, but living his high life. since it's extremely expensive, he needs to whore out once in every 1 or 2 years. That's the truth. He's totally lost it and what's even worse, he's become a sell-out. He's a sad parody of his former self. He's everything that he once fought against.

misterID

misterID wrote:

If Ron had intergrity he would have left.

And I'm not bashing him. I'm responding to the drama he's created.

I'm not a fan of his writing and original material. I don't think it fits the band.

The difference between Ron and Slash is that at least Ron sticks to the same story.

I can't take up for Axl with what you said until he actually makes a move to release the new music that's already been recorded.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Ron: Great guy, Great to the fans,Great "COVER" guitarist.. Terrible original guy... I will hate on him forever for his utter raping of Catcher, which was gonna be my favorite GNR song ever.... Can't listen to the fucking thing now, with his nonsensical solos. Plus his raping of the NR outro makes me vomit.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

D, that was NOT GOING TO BE your favorite GNR song ever.. Please...

misterID

misterID wrote:

Why not? It's his preference....

And yeah, I don't like the solo, either.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

D is an Old School Guns fan..  I like D a lot and agree with him a lot.  But I think he only makes this comment as an out, to show that he likes new guns, so he seems unbiased.  No way he liked that song more than NR, Estranged, Coma, etc.... But because BF messed it up in his eyes, he can say, "was going to be my all time favorite" and no body can call him out on it.... The song itself is still the same sans the guitar...  Take of the solo to Estranged or NR but still play the backing music and you still have great songs... Slash did take those songs to a new level... Take off BF solo and you still have the lyrics, chords, etc to love about Catcher... I am not a huge Catcher fan, before or after Ron, but the whole song can't be simply dismissed due to the solo.  The song is a meh for me either way.  D tried to slide that by us, I caught it.

Board footer