You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

If Ron had intergrity he would have left.

Do you think the other guys who don't speak have integrity? I think they have even less. Unless you think they are whores and whores do what they're paid for and just need to shut up.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Are they unhappy? If Tommy is frustrated, or he calls someone out, there's never any sense or debate he's going to leave. Why is that? Because of the way he does it and it's never a pity party or some passive aggressive, simmering ultimatum. If you're unhappy going on 4 years, then why stick around?

Yeah, that "whore" thing is disappointing to read, but oh well.

AtariLegend wrote:

The Ron stuff is mostly fan speculation, he's probably pissed off being asked if he's going leave or if he can fuck off every time a tour ends for years now.

I'm sorry, but the people who started these rumours have been going on about this for years. If Ron isn't on the next tour, it isn't insider knowledge. It's just statistics.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

well, maybe a bit hyperbole but I do looooooooooooooooove the Demo of that. was hoping final would be a whole nother level which then could have competed with some of those songs. lyrically it is one of Axl's best.

Tomorrow Never Comes... It's just another day.. like today.. That mind fucks me. brilliant lyric. Profound

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
-D- wrote:

Tomorrow Never Comes... It's just another day.. like today.. That mind fucks me. brilliant lyric. Profound

Then you should love this.....

Smoking Guns wrote:

D, that was NOT GOING TO BE your favorite GNR song ever.. Please...

16  Was funny when Catcher leaked and D shit on it for days. Then he had some nu-guns moment of clarity and started to love it.

The demo is definitely a killer tune.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I don't get the demo love for Catcher. I actually like Ron's contribution and don't think May's solo was anything remarkable, certainly not to the point of people freaking out about it.

I'd rather have Ron replacing the solos of people who were never actually in the band vs. those who were (bucket).

Lomax wrote:
-D- wrote:

I always thought it was a reference to the Beatles  "Yesterday". It sounds like the response to  the line "Yesterday came suddenly".

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I don't get the demo love for Catcher. I actually like Ron's contribution and don't think May's solo was anything remarkable, certainly not to the point of people freaking out about it.

Have you heard the Rock Band 2 Catcher gtr track? I love Robin, but that's grim.

The fault lies on Ax, who did the same with Robin as he self-admittedly did with May; cut and paste together a Frankenstein monster, which is neither here or there as a free-flowing performance, but rather a meticulous tapestry of soundbytes by our resident OCD composer, Mr Rose.

With May, Ax's method paid off big time. With Robin, in this instance, not so much.

It's the best of have both and Ax should put the studio cut to bloody iTunes or whatever. It wouldn't be admitting error, rather than celebrating variety.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Lomax wrote:
-D- wrote:

I always thought it was a reference to the Beatles  "Yesterday". It sounds like the response to  the line "Yesterday came suddenly".

Same here! I also thought Tomorrow Never Knows from Revolver, of course references to Lennon's assassination, and I believe there were a few lines that referenced songs from Abbey Road if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong about that.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

apex-twin wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Have you heard the Rock Band 2 Catcher gtr track? I love Robin, but that's grim.

The fault lies on Ax, who did the same with Robin as he self-admittedly did with May; cut and paste together a Frankenstein monster, which is neither here or there as a free-flowing performance, but rather a meticulous tapestry of soundbytes by our resident OCD composer, Mr Rose.

With May, Ax's method paid off big time. With Robin, in this instance, not so much.

It's the best of have both and Ax should put the studio cut to bloody iTunes or whatever. It wouldn't be admitting error, rather than celebrating variety.

I liked Ron's contributions as well. Didn't hate the final version of the song released. It was grower when I finally bought CD and now it's become one of my favorite songs off it. I will agree that it was Axl's fault for all the confusion and cutting and pasting of the different guitar parts. I mean if you got Brian May (the guitarist from one of the bands you looked up to and even played with), why would you feel the need to keep trimming the instrumental audio further in Pro Tools. The final studio cut I will agree the vocals and keyboards are more clearer and up front; but I like both versions leaked and released. I do agree they should of released the original version officially online to the fans. Also I despise the term "raping" in any form even if it's just a joke. It's disgusting.

Board footer