You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I agree. And for as much shit as I give Robin, and the fact I don't think industrial guitarists are all that talented, you can feel the emotion in the writing for the TIL, Better, TWAT, and even Robin's contribution to The Blues 2002. Fuck that song sounded SOOOO MUCH BETTER in 2002, than "Street of Dreams" sounds (even though I like the studio version as well).

Robin deserves that credit. And you can see DJ trying to bring it more into a mainstream, mass market, If I Die Tomorrow-type of direction. That's cool too.

Ron's stuff, for me, sounded alot like Slash accused Bucket of being, wrongfully.... no soul. Ron is technically proficient and a great player, but there's a passion missing there for me.

The ONLY time i've ever felt it off of Ron is his extended intro for Don't Cry, and again... that's another man's material (Slash).

AtariLegend wrote:

http://www.bumblefoot.com/press/2014082 … muzyka.htm (Thanks to a MYGNR thread).

This interview was posted on his site. I think this confirms that he's still in the band.

"Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal, a solo artist, and currently also the guitar player for Guns N’ Roses"

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah I had a feeling he wasn't leaving for good. If he was, the GNR facebook or the site would of said something or tossed around the vagueness of him leaving the band to pursue other things by now. That might change!

Lomax wrote:

I would imagine Ron feels like a bit of an idiot at the minute.
In 2006 he had the world at his feet. He was poised after years of hard work to be the next "big thing", in terms of guitar players.
When he joined with guns he put his entire solo career on hold and all that momentum was lost. Now he's just the guy who replaced Buckethead and threw some guitar noodles on CD.
Flash forward to DJ Ashba joining the band. Ashba never gave up his solo career. In fact, it's gone from strength to strength since he joined GNR.
While Ron was launching a hot sauce line DJ was putting out "This is Gonna Hurt".
While Ron was recovering from a car accident DJ was recording Modern Vintage. GNR has been great for DJ's solo career and it has been terrible for Ron's.
I bet he is feeling that right now and wishing he'd kept his solo career going on the side.
He put out normal in 2005 then Abnormal in 2008 then CD came out later that year and since CD he hasn't released anything of any substance.
He has spent the last 6 years touring the same old cover songs and his own music hasn't moved forward an inch.
Now he's pissed about it and probably blaming GNR and Axl for it.

He just needs to get recording an album of his own on the side again and keep doing his own music. I can't imagine that touring GNR songs is very fulfilling for the guys in the band with the exception of maybe Dizzy. Over the past few years they've all been releasing solo material in the wake of CD.

Tommy: One Man Mutiny 2011
Fortus: The Compulsions 2011, One Man Mutiny, Dead Daisies 2014
Frank: The Compulsions 2011
Chris: Sextapes 2011
Dizzy:  A Musical, Working on Solo Album

Everyone but Ron has been doing music under their own name. Ron, not so much. He's done lots of collab work but so have all the rest of the guys. He hasn't had an album that was all his in quite some time.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm sure GN'R has given his solo career a HUGE financial boost.

Lomax wrote:
misterID wrote:

Financially not creatively.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

From what Ron has said recently, he is actually working on a new solo album, which include those few songs that he wrote for Guns, including that Argentinian Tango I think it was called.

I wonder if that will turn into a Snakepit deal, where Axl will want the songs back, after rejecting them...

misterID

misterID wrote:
Lomax wrote:
misterID wrote:

Financially not creatively.

That's his fault. Everyonr else is doing their own solo thing, Buckethead did while in the band, he's released solo albums and shows, I don't see how he's been hurt. I'd also wager that the GN'R gig afforded him the opportunities in solo career, perhaps even the time and money to do it, that he otherwise wouldn't. I don't see him as a victim.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

CD was a three album plan, and it was a cool three album plan. Ron joined during this era, and it left open the possibility for Ron to record music for the trilogy.

It has not happened. You can understand why Ron would be a little miffed.

Allegedly, Axl is yet to release music willingly, of his own accord, and he now has Beta and co as managers, who are never going to force him to do anything.

Where they go from here, I do not know. Axl has to be happy and release something, but it is unlikely, unless his fellow band members force him to do it.

Maybe that is Bumblefoot's plan, I do not know. If it is, then maybe support him.

Who knows

misterID

misterID wrote:

If you go by what Ron has said in the press, though, he's not interested in releasing any of the trilogy recordings. His issue has always been that he wants to write new material and record and release that, not the "old stuff" he had no hand in writing.

Board footer