You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Is Coma Live from Chicago 1992 one of the greatest

Smoking Guns wrote:

GNR single song performances of all time?  Slash even breaks a string and keeps going.  Axl is totally badass.. The whole band is really tight here.  Such a great song!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

It's pretty high up there if you ask me! Simply amazing!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Fucking killer!!!

I miss that band... sad

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I have always thought that version was killer!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Probably the most Metallica moment in Guns history. It's the kind of think you'd see Metallica do, just fuck it up, and keep going and going.

I always thought this represented how metal, and how legendary they COULD be. They could be Queen II one moment, Zeppelin another, and fucking Motorhead if they wanted. They could do it all.

It's hard to think that performance of that song was played in the same show as a 9-minute version of Move To The City with 1976 Stones band solo in the middle. 16

That's one of my problems with new-era Guns from 2001-present... I think they've pigeon-holed themselves into ONE image. Only the 2006-07 band stood out as multi-versed. When you go with that one image, your music has to reflect that. Even 1987-89 was pigeon-holed. But that 1991-93 moment they got it right. They could do whatever they wanted to do. Master of Puppets or Bohemian Rhapsody. That's how cool they were at that moment.

Board footer