You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: False - Axl to Join Slash on Brazil Dates

Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I dunno man. That sounds very very far fetched.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Don't ruin this with reality. Haha.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Would be cool but nah not happening.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Don't ruin this with reality. Haha.

Hahaha I want to believe!

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Hey guys, I know this may sound like a stupid question at first but after all these years I'd like to really understand why it won't happen. By asking this question I do not imply that I think it ever will, I simply am trying to understand after 20 years why it's still so difficult to bury the hatchet.

Does it really all just come down to ego? Is Axel just permanently pissed off at/forever? I wouldn't blame him.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

I think if Axl were to do that, it would HAVE to be at a Guns show. He would need complete control of the environment surrounding the situation. There's no way he'd just give up the home field advantage, so to speak. If anyone thinks otherwise for even a second, then they clearly haven't been paying attention for the last 20 years.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

For me it is only a matter of time.  Also, at a Slash show, it isn't a GUNS show, which means Slash still isn't in Guns, but we can see Slash with Axl one last time.. So that would be a win for us all, even mr. ID would like that.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Furbush wrote:

I think if Axl were to do that, it would HAVE to be at a Guns show. He would need complete control of the environment surrounding the situation. There's no way he'd just give up the home field advantage, so to speak.

The last I checked, Axl appeared a notoriously hair-trigger. In 2011, his handlers dragged their feet for hours after the show to inform him Eddie Trunk's in the building and wants to do an interview. This is because, they say, Axl'd be otherwise 'freaked out for days' beforehand. In 2010, he (in all likelihood) canceled the world tour in a fit on his Twitter and then had serious power struggles with the promoters in Reading/Leeds, mid-gig. He still has that off-the-handle mentality, particularly if pushed. Want to piss Axl off? Tell him what to do.

Having said that, he seems pretty adjusted to being an elder statesman of rock. He still has that audacity; some may read his confused recording process as a middle-finger to the recording industry, a perfectionist garage musician simply having vast resources at his disposal. Pissing on the money spent and putting out a perfectly self-indulgent WAR album with a plethora of guests/contributors. Artistic lunacy is his game, and he's riding on his rep more than his creative output at this point.

For argument's sake, Brazil is more Axl territory than Slash. He would have it the way he'd want it, on every show. Slash would oblige, because he's less of a confronting type and would be perfectly happy-go-lucky if he'd do his thing, Axl would step up and they'd do theirs, and he'd just go on again from there. Axl would be the man of the hour in a Slash show and, if things would ever play out this way, Brazil is one of the best places in the world for it to happen.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Also, at a Slash show, it isn't a GUNS show, which means Slash still isn't in Guns, but we can see Slash with Axl one last time.

That is a big deal for Axl. He's been after legitimacy for the post-Slash Guns for decades. He may now be close to getting it.

One thing that is worthy to note: the absence of Perla. Axl did the Jimmy Kimmel interview and the general consensus was that it was just him doing amiable in being in a talk show. Perla came out of nowhere and made critical remarks on everything beginning from his weight. I guess the RRHOF no-show stung her, as she said to have 'expected for something enlightening'. Axl saw that as a commercial event, which would play financially into the hands of others and give the music press a field-day. Perla would've seen a reunion performance as a way to reinforce the image of Slash, the Legendary Guns guitarist.

From the looks of it, Perla has been a major factor in Slash's solo career thus far. Obviously, as he was the breadbringer. Slash might humor Axl by guesting on three songs on a Guns album, to endorse Axl's Guns. That would take a lot of in-between things to happen, but if there's a person involved who's after a lucrative reward and/or royalties, it gets all the more complicated. Perla has hardly been the deciding factor in the way things are; the same goes for Beta, who, I think, actually practices the same policies; she wants Axl to make ends meet by touring and doing the odd wedding in French Riviera or a private show to a Russian oligarch.

The dates are still a month away and I see only a message board post backing it thus far. Other sources would need to come out to make things interesting.

GNReigns
 Rep: 0 

GNReigns wrote:

Got to be untrue...

Board footer