You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: MIKE PATTON on Faith No More

Neemo wrote:

MIKE PATTON Doesn't Rule Out FAITH NO MORE Reunion 

Artisan News Service reports: Mike Patton, currently fronting MONDO CANE and about four other different bands, made his mark in the late '80s, early '90s fronting FAITH NO MORE. It was the band's "The Real Thing" album that created the funk-metal craze, opened the door for the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS brand of funk-rock, and tipped off what would become the nu-metal revolution. Bands as diverse as KORN and the MIGHTY MIGHTY BOSSTONES benefitted from their groundbreaking work, with songs like "Epic" and "From Out Of Nowhere". Throw in NIRVANA, and the alternative revolution was born.

Artisan News Service spoke to Mike Patton and asked him if he thought "The Real Thing" would be as influential to music as any album in the last 20 years.

On whether he is aware of "The Real Thing"'s influence:

Patton: "No, but it's not my place to criticize. I just make the music and put it out there. Where it fits in the world, how important it is, how important it isn't is up to people like you. I have nothing to say about it."

On how he remembers his days with FAITH NO MORE:

Patton: "Fondly. They were good years. It was a decade of my life. It was lots of ups and lots of downs, but ultimately that's where I learned my chops and learned the craft and the business."

With "The Real Thing" celebrating 20 years next year, is there a possibility of getting back together with the FAITH NO MORE guys?

Patton: "I wouldn't rule it out. I don't think we would need to reform the band, but maybe there's other things we can do together."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=88820

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

damn 20 years for real thing....good lord, you know your gettin old when all the album you grew up listening to are celebrating 20 year anniversaries :wtf:

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

^ The albums I'm growing up listening to started off at least 10 years old when I found them... so I don't really relate.

Maybe they could do a tour or something.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

With how wacky Patton is, I could see Faith No More reuniting but under a brand new name.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

With how wacky Patton is, I could see Faith No More reuniting but under a brand new name.

Doubt Yes Less tour starts now!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Maybe they could do a tour or something.

I'd pay alot to see a Faith No More album and tour.

I would too, but I don't see it happening. 

Everything that I've read about those guys basically points to them not really being friends the whole time they were together. 

Patton generally has something like 74 different projects going on at one time anyway, so this was probably just him saying, Yeah I'd go in the studio with one or two of them for a day or two.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'd pay alot to see a Faith No More album and tour.

I would too, but I don't see it happening. 

Everything that I've read about those guys basically points to them not really being friends the whole time they were together. 

Patton generally has something like 74 different projects going on at one time anyway, so this was probably just him saying, Yeah I'd go in the studio with one or two of them for a day or two.

You're probably right. I know he's always got a ton going on which is cool, but I'd love it if he made time for a FNM project.

Yeah, absolutely, and I am right there with you with what you said before about paying a lot to see a reformed FNM.

Really though, I'd also love to see what Patton and Gould or Bottom would come up with in a studio together again, FNM or otherwise.

Board footer