You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: DJ has left GNR

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm still of the belief that studio Axl was always awesome, but live Axl on his best days was just average.  There are probably a lot of reasons for this, but in my opinion Axl has always been the weak link live.  Them getting back together (if it were to happen) wouldn't be any different than what it was in the past.

I agree there. I think some people have this misconception that Axl was always on fire back in the day. The amount of energy he puts into his performance can make you overlook some of his deficiencies live. I'm not saying he wasn't better back in the day, but this perceived notion that he used to always be spot on and now he's always horrible doesn't jive with me.

Not saying he was perfect back in the day, but at least he wasn't Mickey Mouse. His worst days back then were too much rasp. But I would take that over Mickey Mouse any day of the week.

And back then he would at least give you incredible stage performance even if the vocals weren't perfect. Think of Perfect Crime during the Indiana 1991 show. Maybe the best example of cocaine's power. Dude was like a bolt of electricity during that song.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I still think he'd be good enough for a reunion. He sounded good the last run of shows, so I don't think all hope is lost.

Lomax wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm still of the belief that studio Axl was always awesome, but live Axl on his best days was just average.  There are probably a lot of reasons for this, but in my opinion Axl has always been the weak link live.  Them getting back together (if it were to happen) wouldn't be any different than what it was in the past.

I agree there. I think some people have this misconception that Axl was always on fire back in the day. The amount of energy he puts into his performance can make you overlook some of his deficiencies live. I'm not saying he wasn't better back in the day, but this perceived notion that he used to always be spot on and now he's always horrible doesn't jive with me.

Not saying he was perfect back in the day, but at least he wasn't Mickey Mouse. His worst days back then were too much rasp. But I would take that over Mickey Mouse any day of the week.

And back then he would at least give you incredible stage performance even if the vocals weren't perfect. Think of Perfect Crime during the Indiana 1991 show. Maybe the best example of cocaine's power. Dude was like a bolt of electricity during that song.

Nah. His worst days were when his voice sounded squeaky like a rubber duck in a blender.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Decide to log in for the first time in like a year and it's to disaster...lol...2 members left the band?

Somethings don't change 16

What's new all?

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Decide to log in for the first time in like a year and it's to disaster...lol...2 members left the band?

Somethings don't change 16

What's new all?

lol Hey Neemo! It's funny to see, as this current iteration of the "band" falls apart, those of us coming out of hibernation to speculate about it. Cheers!

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

"Madness? This... is... Guns!"

11222249_10153516868448069_7252868687751058655_n.jpg?oh=2662d380acb9168daf0d387621fba0ea&oe=564E3691

Seriously, they posted this in their FB last week.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Really - lol.  At least they have a sense of humour.

So that's Frank and it looks like Fortus right?

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Nice to be back and see some of the old guard re-emerge.

johndivney wrote:

great pic!

well played. a picture's worth a thousand words, huh?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You know, I was going to sift through all these posts, and do wanna of those epic reply's like back in the day, but nah... it's all been said. It really has. Unlike Axl, I have no interest in 'playing the hits', lol.

All these old timers talking about "Axl's voice is fucked", gives me flash backs to 2011, haha.

Bottom line this mother fucker, the band hasn't changed. It is what it is. ALL of this reaks of, not 2003-2005, but in fact the 1996-1999 period, imo. We know they're working on something, but there's no band. The difference is, nothing was recorded back then (that we know of), other than maybe "This I Love" which Axl was working on as far back as 1992.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again, it's a MODERN MIRACLE that we got Use Your Illusion I & II with Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Matt & Dizzy, let alone Chinese with its 25-man baseball roster of band members that did different things over multiple years.

And let's not forget, Chinese was only released because Azoff pulled a J.R., and double-crossed the bastard out of Axl's hands. Even in 2008, Axl still wanted to do some last minute tinkering, and as soon as the label got it, they basically cut ties with his camp, and did whatever the fuck they wanted with 'their product'. Again... a miracle we even have what we have.

Do I think we'll ever get Chinese II? Maybe. But based on Axl & his camp's behavior -- THIS IS IT. Short of a reunion with the old guys, i've said for awhile, all GN'R has left is a Soundgarden "Echo of Miles" type of set.

Throw the album out there, be a smartass and call it "Irish Authoritarianism":

Disc 1: Irish Authoritarianism (aka new album)
Disc 2: Chinese remix album (featuring remixed cuts from Chinese, and some remixes from the new album)
Disc 3: Appetite For Reconstruction (1999-2000 hits re-arrangement album, featuring the then band)
Disc 4: Dead Flowers (covers album, featuring lost studio cuts, and live performances of cover songs over the span of the new band)
Discs 5 & 6: 2-disc live show from the new era (Best Buy exclusive: 2009-2014 era / Wal-Mart exclusive: 2006-07 era / Target exclusive: 2009-14 era; diff. show / Digital release: 2001-02 era show)

MSRP: $99.99

Release that fucker and either reunite, or retire.

Board footer