You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: DJ has left GNR

Smoking Guns wrote:

Finally I may get my wish!! 

So loose time line.....

Slash gets a divorce

Old girlfriends get Axl and Slash camp to at least reach out

Bumblefoot still in limbo, but most feel he is out

Fortus who was most active with Axl hasn't heard anything in a long time

Current band members in dark, and one officially moves on (DJ)

Tommy busy with old band, no contact with GNR

Guys, I am no damn expert, but the evidence or circumstances are saying one thing.

SLASH IS COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I wouldn't go that far, SG.

Everyone's contract ended after the last Vegas show and they were told Axl was taking a long hiatus and to go ahead pursue other projects and that 2016 was his target date for the new album. The Ron situation has been building for a while and basically he was not a long term solution. Axl wants 3 guitarists. He has been in the studio as recently as this year working on the next album. The Hard Rock wants another stay. Slash started dating an old gf and Erin Everley's best friend. At some point there was some communication between Axl's camp and Slash and he signed off on the Vegas DVD. Del posted a picture of Slash on his twitter from the UYI tour an was liked by Fernando. Slash started being positve towards Axl in the press. He wished Axl a public happy birthday on Twitter. Del returned a very warm happy b day to Slash on twitter. I don't know what else I missed, but insiders are saying these things are significant. I have no idea if Axl and Slash have even spoken. Playing together again could basically be what Izzy does. We have no idea! I do believe something is going on. But they both have their own thing right now.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Well, Slash is back in LA starting Pre Production and the Next Day DJ quits... I am sure this all a coincidence.. haha.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The hangers on are now drooling over Slash? That's a game changer. I need concrete proof to start believing in a second album. That sooper sekrit stuff doesn't float my boat anymore.

Does look like something is on the verge of happening. IMOits more likely on the reunion front, not CD related. For many years even the so called nutswingers were willing to admit that if CD era members started to flee the scene of the crime, reunion might be on the horizon.

Faldor, even you want a reunion now? Wow. Are most now wiling to admit this new GNR concept just didn't work out & now want it over with?

James

James wrote:

Has Adler run his mouth anywhere?

If he's being quiet...

James

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

Why can DJ write this letter confirming he's moving on, but Ron can't?

. dj

Double standard. DJ is too popular & mainstream to pull that bullshit with. Has tons of fans and he's always kept them informed. Since he's releasing albums with Sixx  no use in playing this fantasy land game with GNR anymore.

I NEVER liked this guy but I don't blame him at all for leaving. People that want productive careers cant stay in the band indefinitely. Its only an ideal situation for musicians that dont care about releasing music and just want a paycheck. I'm shocked Stinson stayed around so long.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I would rather hear Slash play with studio Axl vs Live Axl. In the Studio Axl and still kill it. I fear a live show would be hit and miss. Slash would be on his A game, I worry about Axl. Either way, I am going to that reunion show if it happens.

Oh SHIT!  Super Bowl 2016? Grammy Awards?  MTV Music awards, get ready for the rumors lol

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I think axl should leave the band now too....who would that leave?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Can't blame him. He wants to write and release music. I still think a reunion is a long shot but stranger shit has happened. Axl should just clear the vaults of any quality material. Release it. Hire Bucket, Robin, and Brain back for a limited tour run and then in a perfect world reunite with Izzy, Slash, and Duff on or for something.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
faldor wrote:

Why can DJ write this letter confirming he's moving on, but Ron can't? Possible he signed a NDA?

Perhaps Ron was fired, or there was some sort of mutual "letting go", which required agreements.

Board footer