You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: GN’R Reps Confirm Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal Has Left The Band

Gibbo wrote:

Guns N' Roses has decided to clear up the status of guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, saying he is indeed out of the band -- and has been for some time.
A confirmed source with the band tells us that, "Bumblefoot quit last year. I don't understand why he continues to be evasive on his status with the band -- he quit in South America. He told Axl he was done and (Las) Vegas would be his last run with the band."
Bumblefoot, who joined GNR in 2006 to replace Buckethead, has hinted at his departure for some time, even telling us recently that "I think there's enough clues out there for you to figure out what I'm up to now" but adding that he was "honoring a request not to make any public statements" about his membership in the band. The GNR source's statement is the first confirmation of his departure.
The news follows in the wake of fellow guitarist DJ Ashba's announcement that he's left GNR to focus on his other band, Sixx: A.M., leaving Richard Fortus as the group's only guitarist. GNR drummer Frank Ferrer, however, said in an interview this week with Stone Chrome Radio that the group is "forging ahead;" "There's a plan in place, and it's happening, so that's all I can say."
http://wrif.com/2015/07/31/gnr-reps-con … left-band/

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Still cloak and dagger. A source?

Sky Dog wrote:

typical bullshit by the band....just make a short statement saying Ron and DJ are out....we intend to move forward and hope to get an album released in the near future.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Guess I was being foolish expecting  a real statement from the GNR camp. This statement might be their most meaningless to date.

All they did was parrot what we already knew.

I'll never understand why it had to be like this. No other artist/band has ever used their lazy, amateurish style when addressing fans or the media. It would only take five minutes to give a legitimate update.  Its not like they're too busy. Hell, when Soundgarden was touring AND recording King Animal they still kept fans informed.

This is bat shit crazy.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I suppose it's what you get when you have a bunch of amateurs running the clown show. I'm sure the "Management" couldn't even organise a piss up in a brewery.

PerfectCrime
 Rep: 0 

PerfectCrime wrote:

Damn it. I don't even give a sit about DJ and Ron leaving. GNR, just release it. Who gives a shit if it isn't perfect i just want to hear the album.

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Guess I was being foolish expecting  a real statement from the GNR camp. This statement might be their most meaningless to date.

All they did was parrot what we already knew.

I'll never understand why it had to be like this. No other artist/band has ever used their lazy, amateurish style when addressing fans or the media. It would only take five minutes to give a legitimate update.  Its not like they're too busy. Hell, when Soundgarden was touring AND recording King Animal they still kept fans informed.

This is bat shit crazy.

starts at the top!!!! axl

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

GNR drummer Frank Ferrer, however, said in an interview this week with Stone Chrome Radio that the group is "forging ahead;" "There's a plan in place, and it's happening, so that's all I can say."

1. Tell Ron to tell the press he needs to shut up about Guns. NDA starts now.
2. Allow the trademark application to lapse. Plausible deniabilty for 'new album'.
3. Read the letter DJ sent. Did he leave?
4. Tell the press Ron needs to shut up already.
5. Read the news. There must be something to tweet.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Sad...Ron will be missed

Thanks for the memories Ron!

Got to meet u 3 times and I'll never forget that!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Neemo and James Lofton are posting again. Reunion starts now

Board footer