You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: RUMOR: GN'R Reunion @ Soundwave

James wrote:

No Izzy is bordering on a "no go" for me. Might accept Gilby bit I want some version of the 87-91 lineup.

Izzy has said in the past he is willing to do it which is why we aren't getting our panties in a bunch just yet.

James

James wrote:

Jimmy I want a reunited GNR to open up the vault just like Soundgarden did. Look at all the material SG has unloaded in 4 years. It's crazy.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Yeah it is crazy - but SG have always been a very productive band as far as recording goes. GN'R's 'unloading of the vault' was recording everything they'd written for UYI seemingly. Notwithstanding the Chinese era of course

James

James wrote:

There's gotta be something we haven't heard, at least alternate versions. Weren't there supposedly a couple covers that didn't make TSI?

If not enough unheard songs for an album, put them on a best of collection.

They can release that ton of demos we've had for years. No one will complain.

As much as I want CD II I do not want them to muddy the waters with Chinese material. Keep it separate.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Original GN'R seemingly only had very specific bursts of activity in terms of songwriting and for the most part it was early in the piece it would seem. The Chicago sessions of 1989 yielded a few newer ones and perhaps a few that were worked up prior to Matt joining. Mostly everything else was written in their early club days. Same deal with Janes Addiction - all their material released from 1986-1990 up until the album in 2003 was written in one period in 1986.

James

James wrote:

Well I know one thing that would take up half a disc....

The TSI tracks with Izzy on them recorded during the UYI sessions.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Which ones were those James? I thought Gilby just re-did em all?

James

James wrote:

Wish I had that circus mag from July 91 that shows that massive UYI tracklist including 5 or  6 tracks that wound up on TSI. I only remember DOTF, attitude, & IDCAY. there were a couple others I'm sure.

Apex??

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

I suppose some spruced up versions of some of the early covers that were recorded as demos in 1986? Just another Sunday reworked? Crash Diet? Pretty average stuff really. I'm sure Izzy, Slash and Duff could work up an albums worth in a matter of weeks. Throw in a few Axl epics intended for CD2 with the old dogs reworking the CD parts line up and bobs your uncle you have a ready made classic GN'R album. Only stumbling block would be Uncle Axl obsessing over vocals and lyrics for years. If only someone could motivate him to work in a more spontaneous fashion...

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Who do we all want on the drumstool? While the idea of Adler and Sorum alternating has merit surely Adler is too great a risk? Huge money would be on the table with major investment being ponied up by promoters - be hard to insure against that risk with a barely reformed addict on the road with a tour of that magnitude.

To that end, Sorum on his own or an entirely new drummer? Dave Grohl anyone? Josh Freese?

Board footer