You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Izzy Stradlin "Upside"

Will wrote:

Just wondering how many heard this song released by Izzy in 2012 shortly after Baby Rann?...

Video's only had 13,000 views, but "Baby Rann" has had over 350,000 views. I prefer Upside, and just wondering if a Youtube video really make that much of a difference?

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

I think 'Baby Rann' had a perfect timing when it came out. Izzy had been in the headlines after playing a couple of shows with Axl and the video certainly helped . 'Upside' was just dropped silently onto itunes, wasn't it? While 'Baby Rann' was pretty much discussed everywhere, I only remember a discussion of 'Upside' on Been A Fix. And I remember the main question being "why isn't there a full album this time".

I like both songs a lot, huge improvements over his last 2-3 records.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That's a pretty good song. Not as good as Baby Rann IMO. I just heard Baby Rann for the first time a week ago. Was on youtube looking at some GNR clips from this Ashba era. Saw that Izzy stuff, decided to look him up, and voila..."new" Izzy song for me to listen to. Baby Rann deserved more attention. Izzy has had a strange post GNR career. Barely promotes his stuff and the albums always fly under the radar. Kinda like Bucket. Also similar to Bucket is how there's quite a bit of average material there but some gems buried in it. I need to listen to his entire discography. I have a subscription to Rhapsody and his albums are on there.

I love this song too.....

2:17 to 2:32 just begs for a  21  solo.

Sky Dog wrote:

Upside sounds pretty damn close to old Guns...rockin'

Board footer