You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: As the reunion rumors are on a treadmill...

tejastech08 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

big money talks Neemo....that kind of money, even for a short tour, would REALLY set Izzy up financially for life. Royalties from the back catalog have to be getting smaller with every passing year. A reunion tour is a guaranteed lottery ticket. He won't pass that up.

No clue how true this is, but there's a famous rumor that Izzy asked his accountant how much was in the bank. When he found out it was over $20m, he quit GN'R. That money would be more than enough to live on the rest of your life if you were smart and invested it the right way. $20m in 1991 is equal to about $40m today adjusted for inflation and if he just invested worth a damn, there is a good chance he has even more than that by now.

Meantime, if Guns would release CD2 and tour with Robin and Duff...

Sure. I'd be curious. 50%
Impress me. On the fence on Robin &/ CD2. 7%
Nah. Wake me up when the reunion happens. 43%
Total votes: 28

johndivney wrote:

"What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion"

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
johndivney wrote:

"What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion"

Can't hold past comments against him. He's contradicted himself too many times. Besides, the Slash hatred couldn't last forever in the cold Chinese rain. He probably regrets the really harsh statements(cancer) & considers the childish crap (Albany) embarrassing.  It was absurd to begin with.

Slash ran to the hills with Snakepit  demos?  Been a couple lawsuits the past 20 years?

Expiration date on those cans of worms were up long ago.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I gotta start listening to radio shows and podcasts. On Metal Sludge I read where Adler was on Trunk earlier and was bitching about Gilby, Sorum, and he even said Duff didn't like him. He's fucking crazy. Even if a reunion isn't close, its closer than its ever been and in this situation he needs to keep his mouth shut. Any time he opens his mouth, the chances decrease on his involvement. Someone listening also said he sounded high.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Poor old Popcorn, he really can't help but fuck things up for himself. 

He is the ultimate self saboteur.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I gotta start listening to radio shows and podcasts. On Metal Sludge I read where Adler was on Trunk earlier and was bitching about Gilby, Sorum, and he even said Duff didn't like him. He's fucking crazy. Even if a reunion isn't close, its closer than its ever been and in this situation he needs to keep his mouth shut. Any time he opens his mouth, the chances decrease on his involvement. Someone listening also said he sounded high.

Do you have a link for that? Was that a new, i.e. recent interview? I would be curious to hear/read the part about Duff..

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Asked point blank if he knows anything about a rumored reunion of GUNS N' ROSES' "Appetite For Destruction" lineup, Adler told Eddie Trunk during a September 28 appearance on Trunk's SiriusXM satellite radio show, "Eddie Trunk Live": "Nothing. Even if it was happening, I don't think Slash would tell me, because he knows how excited I get and that I would probably say something before I should. I would be the last one to know.

"I love those guys, and I always will, but Duff, he doesn't think I'm cool," Adler said. "He doesn't think I'm a cool guy. This is what people tell me. And he doesn't think I'm cool and that I'm not that great of a drummer. And Slash, he doesn't believe that I have 21 months and 21 days sober. He doesn't believe it. I don't know why..."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-r … ths-sober/

Steven is surprised he needs to prove himself?

Adler wrote:

We did do some shows [together] in Japan [in 2013], and Duff invited [Steven's current band] ADLER to come down, and I was still drinking then. And the second I got to the airport, I made a beeline for the bar, and I just started doing shots of Jäger. And the whole trip I was sick and I was just a mess. And, you know, Duff's sober and he's very judgmental and forgetful of where he came from. And he was just so bummed and pissed at me.

Damn. Duff's so judgmental.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

Thank you for the link. I just read the whole article. I don't wanna participate in any Steven bashing, but when you read the whole thing it's nearly impossible not to understand why Slash and Duff won't play with him. If there ever should be a reunion tour, Steven will never ever be their drummer.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think he will kill himself if he's left out.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I kinda like this quote tho, shows a guy who's down to earth.

"I don't understand what the problem is," he said. "We're just rock bands. We all started practicing in our garage or our bedroom. We met each other, and we started playing in our garage, then we worked on songs. This is what we wanted to do. Our dreams came true."

Although, maybe its also just a young kid who never grew up & matured.

Board footer