You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Dissecting Chinese Democracy: Track 14 - Prostitute

James wrote:

Maybe I should have rephrased that. I was referring to songs harped on since the 90s. Every article mentioned Prostitute, Catcher, The Blues, Madagascar,etc. which all wound up on the album. The other tracks you posted were mentioned more often the further we got into the wait.

I agree with Sky Dog about it being a leaks album with a couple bonuses to guarantee hardcore fans would buy it which is very disappointing. Made fans realize that there really wasn't much substance to the so called vision.  Its amazing that the label went along with releasing a bunch of songs that people were already burnt out on but at that point I think all sides just wanted it tossed out there to end the saga.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

Oklahoma aka Berlin was mentioned very early on. What about Ides Of March? The Beltrami songs quoted in 2002 were all pretty hyped as well and they were known way before we heard of Better, Shakler''s, Scraped, ITW...

Sky Dog wrote:

there was a vision for all of this...you can see it in the 101 documents...
099. January 2008 Axl email about which songs should be on second album
022. Geffen Records contract for Second Album (January 2007)

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm still convinced this is real and Beltrami claimed "Seven" was the best of the 3 tracks he worked on right? The publications that heard "Atlas Shrugged" and even Mick Wall all claimed it was good too (even if he did have an agenda against Axl). This was all before the album got released.

I don't see how it could be a coincidence that the tracks that got leaked were the ones that ended up on the album. As for the "This I Love" absence, wasn't it claimed that Axl wasn't too found of it re-doing it until other band members approached him?

28b5wxy.jpg

I don't think regardless of this being authentic that "Chinese Democracy" was the album intended to be released. That said, the other tracks probably have the same issues as the ones that were released.

Sky Dog wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'm still convinced this is real and Beltrami claimed "Seven" was the best of the 3 tracks he worked on right? The publications that heard "Atlas Shrugged" and even Mick Wall all claimed it was good too (even if he did have an agenda against Axl). This was all before the album got released.

I don't see how it could be a coincidence that the tracks that got leaked were the ones that ended up on the album. As for the "This I Love" absence, wasn't it claimed that Axl wasn't too found of it re-doing it until other band members approached him?

http://i55.tinypic.com/28b5wxy.jpg

I don't think regardless of the authentic that "Chinese Democracy" was the album intended to be released. That said, the other tracks probably have the same issues as the ones that were released.

agree...

James

James wrote:

I remember people thinking Oklahoma was Riad many moons ago. Wasn't Ides of March  first mentioned in 05 as well as Atlas Shrugged, Zodiac,etc.? That Spat article gave us quite a bit of info. I still say quick song is CD. Description fit it to a tee. Well, what CD sounded like back then anyways.

Atari- I think that's fake. Looks fake but considering how the album was rolled out anything is possible.

Skydog - Axl/label deciding on a tracklist doesn't mean there was some grand vision in the home stretch. Just means there's enough material for two albums. A far cry from his statements 13 years ago. Something went wrong at some point. IMO he just got sick of it for some reason.

I just wish he'd hurry it up. I think time is running out on this thing.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its amazing that the label went along with releasing a bunch of songs that people were already burnt out on but at that point I think all sides just wanted it tossed out there to end the saga.

It's amazing so many of us were so excited to buy it:D  Like wtf, was it only 3 songs??  It felt like such an accomplishment achieved when I got it. Still remember going to Best Buy during halftime of the Eagles/Baltimore game. It was released on a Sunday, wasn't it?  That was odd.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I remember people thinking Oklahoma was Riad many moons ago. Wasn't Ides of March  first mentioned in 05 as well as Atlas Shrugged, Zodiac,etc.? That Spat article gave us quite a bit of info. I still say quick song is CD. Description fit it to a tee. Well, what CD sounded like back then anyways.

I just wish he'd hurry it up. I think time is running out on this thing.

I doubt that Oklahoma/Berlin is Riad or that Quick Song is CD. Axl mentioned those songs in the online chats after CD was released.

James

James wrote:

Oh I know it isn't Riad now. 16 I was talking about many years ago when Oklahoma popped up on that set list.  I don't remember him mentioning Quick Song but haven't read those chats since it happened.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I wonder why they changed the name of The Blues. Street of Dreams sound so cheesy in comparison.

Board footer