You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: HOLY SHIT!! Get in this thread!

Will wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

MSL has been pretty adamant money is the reason Izzy isn't involved.

Because he was offered $40,000 for the 4 shows.

How many songs does he usually play in a set? 4-5?

Yeh Izzy has previously done 4-5 songs.

Where did you get that $40,000 figure from SG? Someone said on Twitter that Izzy was offered 0.15% of the money GNR were earning from AEG which puts your $40k bang on the money if Niven is correct about the $26 million.

I don't have the exact quote but MSL said something like "Izzy either wants more money or wants back in full time".

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I heard it from a source and told you guys this weeks ago it was about money and ID said it was bullshit, lol. But yes, he wanted his share back and was offered $40,000. I asked though how hard would Izzy be willing to work? We know Fortus is reliable, but Izzy is a flake. I think he wanted more than just 4-5 songs. He wanted back in the partnership.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I heard it from a source and told you guys this weeks ago it was about money and ID said it was bullshit, lol. But yes, he wanted he share backs and was offered $40,000. I asked though how hard would Izzy be willing to work? We know Fortus is reliable, but Izzy is a flake. I think he wanted more than just 4-5 songs. He wanted back in the partnership.

I didn't think money would be an issue for him, so I was definitely wrong. But I also said Slash and Duff joined an existing line up and Izzy was never considered for a full time role.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I heard it from a source and told you guys this weeks ago it was about money and ID said it was bullshit, lol. But yes, he wanted his share back and was offered $40,000. I asked though how hard would Izzy be willing to work? We know Fortus is reliable, but Izzy is a flake. I think he wanted more than just 4-5 songs. He wanted back in the partnership.

He can't be trusted. Liable to quit at the drop of a hat.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I heard it from a source and told you guys this weeks ago it was about money and ID said it was bullshit, lol. But yes, he wanted he share backs and was offered $40,000. I asked though how hard would Izzy be willing to work? We know Fortus is reliable, but Izzy is a flake. I think he wanted more than just 4-5 songs. He wanted back in the partnership.

I didn't think money would be an issue for him, so I was definitely wrong. But I also said Slash and Duff joined an existing line up and Izzy was never considered for a full time role.

Slash and Duff though are IN the partnership. Izzy wanted back in that. Duff and Slash are not going to give up their share.

If Izzy wants more Axl will have to free it up. He is getting 50%. Slash and Duff 25% each. If Axl wanted Izzy, he could get him. But it will cost him some perhaps.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Izzy fucked all three of them by quitting in the middle of a massive world tour. I don't blame them for not wanting to share the partnership with him.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash and Duff though are IN the partnership. Izzy wanted back in that. Duff and Slash are not going to give up their share.

If Izzy wants more Axl will have to free it up. He is getting 50%. Slash and Duff 25% each. If Axl wanted Izzy, he could get him. But it will cost him some perhaps.

Why would they bring him into the partnership when he wouldn't be a full time member? Izzy screwed up several times by no-showing dates he told Axl he'd play.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Izzy fucked all three of them by quitting in the middle of a massive world tour. I don't blame them for not wanting to share the partnership with him.

Yes.... You are correct. The love him but he cannot be rewarded with all his flakeyness. He blew off Duff and Slash in VR too.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Axl is called the Howard Hughes of rock but Izzy is even more reclusive and unpredictable. I could easily see him quit again in the middle of the tour and disappear to ride dirt bikes in the middle of nowhere.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Izzy is a flake and changes his whims at a moment's notice. He made it clear he never thought they'd be more than a Los Angeles' version of the NY Dolls. Obviously they ended up becoming America's Rolling Stones (minus the albums), instead. All of this hoopla shows that despite only three studio LP's, and 23 years of waiting, demand is still through the stratosphere.

Izzy wanted none of that Adler didn't write the core parts on AFD, and Dizzy didn't write anything from the UYI period. As time goes on, it is becoming clearer and clearer why the Uzi Suicide partnership of just Axl, Slash & Duff has been revived, and it's being marketed as such.

Izzy should've taken his cut for now, and held out for a slice of the partnership IF and WHEN he delievered music.

Board footer