You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: HOLY SHIT!! Get in this thread!

Will wrote:

Aw c'mon. Izzy quit back in the day because of all the bullshit. His bandmates/friends were killing themselves or causing riots, you can't blame him for getting out when he did. Had the other guys cleaned up their act Izzy might not have quit.

As for no showing a couple of appearances with NuGNR, well that has never been confirmed. At least one of the "no shows" has been claimed as trolling by a GNR fan who was looking to spread a false rumor. Until we see the contract it's all hearsay, much like we all believed that Slash and Duff signed over the GNR name under-duress which MSL proved to be 100% bullshit just a year or two back.

If Izzy wants to reunite the original Guns then fans should be in favour of that. Don't settle for anything less just because Slash is back in the lineup and GNR have coughed up a few quid to get some professional marketing sad

I might be going to Vegas but I know full well that I'm not expecting to see the real Guns N Roses. I'll be seeing Axl, Slash and Duff (awesome!), plus Dizzy (very cool), and Fortus, Frank and Pitman (meh). I don't mean any offense to the new guys, I actually love Pitmans solo shit with Beatrazr/Blowout, and I think Fortus is cool as fuck too, but I want to see the original GNR before I die and this lineup ain't it.

@SG: Izzy didn't blow off VR. He wanted to tour with himself and Duff sharing vocals.

You all know I'm an Izzy diehard but that doesn't mean my point isn't valid 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You make fair points Will, but you leave out crucial anti-Izzy info. Izzy had his own bullshit too that he could be a mother fucker about. Let's not forget to this day Vince Neil swears he kicked his fiance in the gut while high on heroin, then Axl had to stand up for him against Crue at the 1989 VMA's, which led to the Crue/GN'R war (eventually just Vince vs. Axl). Then Izzy took a leak on a plane, because of drug issues/defiance, which publicly humiliated the band and was just more bullshit to deal with.

Suddenly he gets sober, and it's fuck off before a year into the UYI tour? If Izzy would've taken the high road and just said "I needed to get clean and stay clean", he didn't, he immediately used Guns juice with Geffen to score the Ju Ju Hounds record deal (the Hounds also said he was a total flake), and despite leaving under his own accord for his own reasons relating to HIM, suddenly turned around and it was "too much" (yet he filled in in 1993), and by 2001 Izzy was on the "Axl's a fascist" rhetoric.

I love Izzy. Izzy's the fucking man. But he reminds me of my best friend. I have an Axl personality, and my friend is like Izzy. He loves me and I love him, but I could talk to him right now and we have financial plans to meet up tomorrow, then he no-shows, I call him, no answer, and finally he gets back to me 3 weeks later and he doesn't know what i'm talking about he was in BFE, Nebraska (kind of like Dave Chappelle in Africa)

Izzy's Izzy. You can't blame Axl, Slash & Duff for not bringing him in on the partnership. Niven is full of shit that it was about fucking him on the slice of the pie. Izzy screwed Izzy on this one.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I'm pro-Izzy. It's not really GN'R without him and I fully support an Appetite reunion.

But facts are facts. He abandoned the other 3 guys. Can you blame them for not trusting him to stick around if they bring him back full time?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I remember reading an interview with someone from an Izzy solo band - I would assume JuJu hounds but I'll confess I don't follow it closely - and he said Izzy went out to get a drink or something while they were in the studio and never returned either.

I think he just has a casual attitude to stuff as part of his personalty.

My guess would be they don't trust him without a fortus style back up in the wings, and then he wanted a 1/4 cut and they just figured by the time they pay him a share and have to pay fortus anyway.....why not just offer him a small token and he can take it or shove it.....

Probably not the best call for fans though I can feel will on that one.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That and I think the band themselves were fine with just having Izzy be a special guest. No commitments, no pressure. Izzy felt he was owed a 1/4 cut, probably because of what he originally wrote, and they probably felt "that was then, this is now" and had more of a "what have you done for me lately attitude"

Forget Axl. Let's not forget Izzy has bailed on Slash and Duff on multiple projects that he was supposed to write material with them and never did.

Board footer