You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: HOLY SHIT!! Get in this thread!

James wrote:

I mentioned this before you mentioned this info, but this is why the GNR camp needed to make an announcement of some sort. It was inevitable that SOMEONE involved with one of the originals would eventually say something they weren't supposed to say.  Now of course a naysayer could chime in with "they're just hedging their bets, the guy doesn't know shit, blah blah blah" but there's too much smoke for there to be no fire and when a firefighter walks by yelling "fire!", fans are going to start suffering from smoke inhalation and may get burned. wink

I had a feeling the leak would come from the Adler or Sorum camp. When this reunion hoopla first started I said Adler/Sorum should be kept away til the last second but that's not realistic. Plans have to be made, contracts signed,etc. and you cant leave anyone out of negotiations.  You just cant.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

From My GnR today:

FYI i just got word that Rock in Rio got the bid over GN'R Reunion gig for lisbon. Metallica are booked for the Metal Day.

Take it with a grain of salt, but i believe it because i know the people that told me this and they are part of the industry in Portugal.

it means they closed the deal with the band, other promotors were competing. Rock in Rio must've had the best offer.

yes, it's for the original line up. They were only talking about a reunion show, that's why they paid so much.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Cramer wrote:

From My GnR today:

FYI i just got word that Rock in Rio got the bid over GN'R Reunion gig for lisbon. Metallica are booked for the Metal Day.

Take it with a grain of salt, but i believe it because i know the people that told me this and they are part of the industry in Portugal.

it means they closed the deal with the band, other promotors were competing. Rock in Rio must've had the best offer.

yes, it's for the original line up. They were only talking about a reunion show, that's why they paid so much.

Badass!  So what day would GNR be on if Metallica is on the Metal day?  So GNR and Metallica will be at the same festival but different days? 

Start Savin up now fellas.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yep with SG's info and someone associated with a promoter mentioning reunion shows/festivals, to use the words one of my cousins loves to say:

It's on like Donkey Kong....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm still not buying it. The Rio thing is coming from a guy who just showed up on the forum because someone he can't mention told him this deal was happening... I think if a deal was struck we would know it as it would spring major leaks...

And I don't know what your info is SG, but it's coming from Adler's camp, at a car wash...and that's the setting where many many things transpire I wouldn't buy into...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Save the Dolphins!****or

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Nah, Adler just read it on the forums. 16

I guess we'll see.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

It might happen at some point. But not in 2016.

The writing for the next record, Slash said, is 90 percent completed. It would be his third album with Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators (the others being “Apocalyptic Love” in 2012 and last year’s “World on Fire”).

“The stuff for the next record is really great,” Slash said of the material. “One of the cool things about this band is that instead of peaking early and burning out is we’ve started at one place and escalated in terms of our creative inspiration.

“It keeps getting better from record to record which is a really nice thing to have happen so yeah, we just seem to get more in a groove the longer we stay together and the harder we work on the road and so on. It just seems to come out in the new material.”

Always looking ahead, Slash has planned his moves after the tour ends.

“Next is finishing pre-production on the next album and going into the studio in the spring,” he said. “I’ve also got ‘The Hell Within’ to shoot sometime in the beginning of the new year so that’s the immediate stuff.”

full article: http://www.sbsun.com/arts-and-entertain … the-studio

johndivney wrote:

Quite an easy decision for Slash (or Axl for that matter) to put the solo stuff on the back burner if the reunion is happening.

It is happening.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

If it were already in motion, he wouldn't continue to talk about his solo stuff and his immidiate plans to put a new record out next year.

It is not happening (yet).

Board footer