You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: HOLY SHIT!! Get in this thread!

johndivney wrote:

smoke & mirrors mate. wink

gnr won't start hitting the festivals til the end of may. maybe rehearsals in march/april. he could in theory do some of his solo stuff early spring or at the turn of the year.
his film he doesn't need to be on set, it's not like he's a director, actor or camera operator.

obv i'm just guessing. i just choose to believe SG's random encounter in a car wash to what slash says in an interview!
i want to believe.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its funny how GNR fans act like they cant do both. Obviously aren't many Soundgarden fans paying attention. SG members do solo albums and tours in between Soundgarden albums and tours.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i just choose to believe SG's random encounter in a car wash to what slash says in an interview!
i want to believe.

Me too. 14

Not sure how much I trust Adler, but many things are falling into place here.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its funny how GNR fans act like they cant do both. Obviously aren't many Soundgarden fans paying attention. SG members do solo albums and tours in between Soundgarden albums and tours.

Why would they wanna do both? And that more or less at the same time? When a reunion happens, it's gonna be the biggest thing not only for us fans, but also for them. It will completely consume then on both an emotional and physical level. Why bother with solo efforts at the same time? No disrespect to Soundgarden. They're a great band, but they do not nearly get the same kind of attention that a reunited GN'R would get. That comparison is apples and oranges.

In regards to wanting to believe, I would be thrilled about a reunion too. Although I'd personally prefer to hear CD2 first, I would never actively root against a reunion. Better it happens with CD2 getting burried than not at all. Still, I also don't wanna get my hopes up for nothing. The Slash interview was huge - and I get that everybody went reunion crazy after that. But until either Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy or official management make some kind of indication that this is actually going to happen, I won't believe it. Sorry.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

But is it a one off show or a reunion tour or what...also these guys are professionals if they put their mind to it they will do what it takes come hell or high water heir drive and determination is above normal people that's how they made it in the first place

johndivney wrote:

i think their drive/determination has prob been diluted by gin & money. it makes me wonder what guys like Duff get out of it? he (& they) have enough money to retire a thousand times over, so like, what is the motivation?

i don't envisage a one-off show or a full blown tour. we'll maybe get something in between. i still think somehwere we'll have a hybrid lineup but i do think there will be select shows w/just the appetite line-up.
is it possible Izzy/Adler/Sorum are in for a leg then bow out & Duff & Slash come back full time..?? (am fucking in the realm of dreams now, my imagination is working overtime - that rock in rio/lisbon thing just has me on edge haha! i'd fucking go to brasil to see them!)

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Nothing to see here!

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Would be really cool 21

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Tour
Original 5
BRING THIS SHIT ON
they are all being quiet on purpose and they don't really read the boards so they don't know we are all speculating about it to the level we are. They know the boards are a very small percentage of fans.

I don't want to be a bummer, but either the guy was fucking with you, told you something he heard as a fan, or was his own wishful thinking. It's the exact opposite of what I've heard. And I seriously doubt that if it was ultra, ultra secret, they would tell Adler's front man, and he would be careless enough to let it slip ast a carwash.

And Axl reads these boards.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The location doesn't matter.

War Eagle

Board footer