You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Re: HOLY SHIT!! Get in this thread!

Vale wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

"Well, you will get to see them next year"

This is not all he said right? Cuz this could also simply imply that Adler might be opening for Slash on a tour in '15.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

No, that is not all he said. However you guys have me paranoid about Axl reading the forums so I'm dialing it back a bit so my source doesn't get in trouble.

johndivney wrote:
Will wrote:

Just my opinion, and I'll happily bare my ass to all on GNR Evo if a reunion is announced in the next year or two big_smile

haha wtf
why would anyone want to take that bet?!
you're making us hope a reunion doesn't happen incase we have to see your ass!
oh man, once the reunion is announced we'll have to go to mygnr to avoid will's arse..
[cue joke about there being plenty of arseholes over there already]

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

No, that is not all he said. However you guys have me paranoid about Axl reading the forums so I'm dialing it back a bit so my source doesn't get in trouble.

He just posted on twitter that reunion is OFF. Everything is lies and that punk smoking guns can get in the ring.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
faldor wrote:

Again, I'm not questioning SG that this encounter took place. I'd just temper the excitement level a bit. I'm sure lots of things reunion related are going to be rumored and reported, and most of them will not occur.

For comparison we have Scott Weiland who seemed to think it was going to happen (or very close to).

Scott is a well known liar, also.Duff said he was paranoid about a reunion happening, but that scenario NEVER happened.

I don't think it's untrue that Adler hasn't heard anything, and that's obvious going by how he continues to conduct himself. I don't think Slash would be like, Steven, it's going to happen, just play dumb and don't tell anyone... Jacob, its going to happen, but don't tell anyone... Hey, guy I met at a carwash, it's totally going to happen next year!

I'm not trying to make fun or anything, SG, I just don't see how he could get this info. The only people who know are Axl and Slash.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I gotta admit, this thread would sound hysterical to any outsiders..

"Some guy on a message board met someone at a car wash who knows GnR's original drummer & he said that GnR is reuniting next year!!!" 

"Oh shoot, I don't want Axl to see this. Lemme delete my post".

Sorry for making fun the thread Smoking Guns, but it is a bit amusing if we all take a step back for a moment & re-interpret what it is.

I highly suggest we all watch this old SNL skit on Star Trekkies..

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ … kies/n9511

It's us.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Vale wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its funny how GNR fans act like they cant do both. Obviously aren't many Soundgarden fans paying attention. SG members do solo albums and tours in between Soundgarden albums and tours.

Why would they wanna do both? And that more or less at the same time?

Maybe because they're artists that like to perform in front of their fans and/or release music to those fans?

I always forget how there has to be an asterisk next to GNR because mysterious, invisible forces prevent them from doing what others do.

What does the level of attention have to do with touring/recording possibilities? Keith Richards just released a solo album. Hopefully he informed Mick that doing such a thing has now derailed plans for another Stones album/tour. Stones get more attention than GNR so this should have been impossible and/or unnecessary.

I'm so glad this asterisk never existed in the 80s/90s. Nothing ever would have happened.

if Axl reunites then he fails as an artist because he didn't achieve the same success with the nu-era as he will with the old lineup

That's true whether he reunites or not. Wouldn't necessarily call it failure but 96-08, 08-15 was enough time to fit in old GNR's career 3 times over. He had his chance to "bury" them multiple times. Didn't work out obviously and waiting more years for CD II isn't going to change that.

I'll never live down the elephant thing.

pasnow, us GNR fans are worse than Trekkies. I wish there was some sort of convention for all us nerds to meet up. All the different fan factions arguing their points in person would be great.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

You guys laugh now, but I brought a source, that I actually met in person, unlike most of our insiders. Right now I imagine Axl running in a sweat suit in the Malibu Hills training like Rocky getting ready for the reunion with Slash, who he will try to one up and not be the weak link...  If we get 2006 Axl this could be the biggest reunion tour ever.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'll never live down the elephant thing.

pasnow, us GNR fans are worse than Trekkies. I wish there was some sort of convention for all us nerds to meet up. All the different fan factions arguing their points in person would be great.

Haha, yeah I was going to bring up the elephant thing.  What was that for, 'no way it came out in 2006' or something? Or no way they reunite.

And yeah we'd totally be worse than those Star Trek guys. I would love to see Axl at the podium taking question & answers from us all. The most petty things we'd question him on. Did BH really have a chicken coup in the studio?  What did Slash & you talk about when he came to your door several years ago? What's the deal with the glitch on Scraped?  Axl would be looking at us like we're a bunch of nutcases (which we are).

James you would definitely bring up a question about Atlas Shrugged & The General hahaha j/k

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

You guys laugh now, but I brought a source, that I actually met in person, unlike most of our insiders. Right now I imagine Axl running in a sweat suit in the Malibu Hills training like Rocky getting ready for the reunion with Slash, who he will try to one up and not be the weak link...  If we get 2006 Axl this could be the biggest reunion tour ever.

14 14 14

Hidden Text:

2ni9xl2.jpg

Board footer