You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: How much of the board actually believes a reunion will happen?

apex-twin wrote:

Guns is my life, not someone else's. For me there hasn't been a way to make any type of reunion work regardless of money (either talk or legitimate) without jeopardizing what I feel is the well-being and best interests of nearly everyone I'm involved with in the GNR camp (including myself)... I know what I went thru then... It's not somewhere I'd go back to or would want to go again. Life's too short. - Axl, 2013

The Duff that played these shows with us isn't really the Duff that I knew from what I'd call "Old Guns" or the Appetite lineup or the Illusions lineup. Because with this lineup, everybody goes out and tries to do their very best, and every guy's on. I don't have to tell the other guys what to do, they do it on their own. They push each other really, really hard. That also pushed Duff, and he liked the challenge of that. And he got along with the guys really well. - Axl, 2014

You can tell that Axl's pretty fixated on the notion that Old Guns members were a bunch of sloppy-playing substance abusers, and fair enough, that was the case in '93. That's likely where the 'unhealthy' bit comes in. Funny that the Duff he knew from Old Guns was sober for his last three years ('94-'97) in the band. Selective memory, et al.

Do you think we will see a reunion within the next few years?

Yes 75%
No 25%
Total votes: 40

AtariLegend wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Selective memory, et al.

That Duff also sided with Axl for awhile and stayed in the band for awhile after Slash left.

Gilby Clarke wrote:

Selective memory, et al.

"Duff and Axl have an idea what the album should be, and the rest of us have another idea. So right now, we're not gonna do anything. And anyway, from July to the end of the year, I'm not gonna be available, because I'm gonna be working on my record.

Source: Kerrang! 494 - May 24, 1994

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/arti … ticleid=60

Not of course to turn this into an album discussion. The stuff they said back and forth through the years was probably softer than comments Axl and Izzy made against each other, nevermind Slash.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Any one hear from Axlin12 in a while???

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

tejastech08 wrote:

This is pretty incredible. Slash show in India within the last week. Crowd sings the song loudly and they even hum Slash's "slow solo" during the earlier part of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXjUMWfPwwo&hd=1

That's one way to cover up a bad vocalist (though Myles is actually very good on Sweet Child compared to other GN'R songs).

Sorry that is fucking lame.

I never want to go to a Guns show were the fans hum any shit.

Also, Myles Kennedy fucking blows worse than a hurricane.

I hate that cunt. His singing sucks.

I rather take Axl Rose on a bad day than here any fuck attempt to sing Guns N' Roses songs.

I hope no full on reunion happens. Bring back Finck or Bucket. Add Duff and bring out CD2 if Tommy has quit and been a bitch.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Any one hear from Axlin12 in a while???

He posted right after Ashba bailed out.

TheSundanceKid wrote:

I don't like him either. Main reason I don't bother with any of Slash's recent material.

TheSundanceKid wrote:

Bring back Finck or Bucket.

I'd much rather just hear the version of CD II from 2000-02 that they were on.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James Lofton wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

I don't like him either. Main reason I don't bother with any of Slash's recent material.

I always thought of Kennedy as the DJ Ashba of vocals. He hits the notes, but without any passion or feeling; substituting showboating and clichéd attempts to gee-up the audience for any actual charisma.

I feel bad for saying that, though, 'cause Myles does seem like a genuinely nice guy. Just not a frontman.

James Lofton wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

Bring back Finck or Bucket.

I'd much rather just hear the version of CD II from 2000-02 that they were on.

You know, for all the talk of a Slash/Duff/Axl reunion – and I'd be first in line for tickets, having never seen the three of them perform together live – I would cheerfully gnaw off my own arm to see a 2002-era reunion.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I wish the 2002 tour hadn't been canceled before getting to my neck of the woods. Had it lasted a couple more weeks I could have seen it.

It'll never happen but I wish Bucket would do a CD medley of a handful of his best material from the album on his next tour.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James Lofton wrote:

I wish the 2002 tour hadn't been canceled before getting to my neck of the woods. Had it lasted a couple more weeks I could have seen it.

It'll never happen but I wish Bucket would do a CD medley of a handful of his best material from the album on his next tour.

Hah – the GN'R "reunion" line-up should get Bucket to open for them, and wheel him out for TWAT.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

I always thought of Kennedy as the DJ Ashba of vocals. He hits the notes, but without any passion or feeling; substituting showboating and clichéd attempts to gee-up the audience for any actual charisma.

It always baffles me why some people say that they don't like Myles and these always seem to be the same people who worship Chris Cornell. I think they're two similar styles of front-men so I can never understand why one is held in such high regard over the other.

As for playing without passion and feeling? What? I can't even understand why someone would say that. He's one of the most passionate soulful rock singers out there today, but I will actually agree with you that he's not a traditional front man. I don't think he showboats in the slightest, I think he's actually uncomfortable with that side of the gig more than anything. If he's lacking anything as a frontman I think it would be the onstage persona and Myles would even admit himself that he's not the most charismatic performer out there, but in regards to the vocal side of things, he's one of the best. Obviously people in the business agree, such as Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and Warren Haynes amongst many others. Not only that, but he's proven time and time again that he's the most consummate professional, who carries himself well and is great to fans, and I've always felt he's never been given enough credit for that. I've met him several times and the guy is just a class act. 

And regarding not singing with passion you can't watch this and say there's no soul in this: (this was from a few years ago before every singer and their cousin began singing this classic)

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Axl4Life wrote:

It always baffles me why some people say that they don't like Myles and these always seem to be the same people who worship Chris Cornell. I think they're two similar styles of front-men so I can never understand why one is held in such high regard over the other.

I don't disagree, the two are very similar vocalists, but Miles often cross the line into a nasal and grating kinda vocal sound when he pushes himself. Cornell tends to get more gritty and hoarse/breathy sounding, which by mostly people will be perceived as much more pleasing.

Having said that, I fully agree that Miles receives more flack than he deserves and is actually a very talented vocalist.

Board footer