You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: How much of the board actually believes a reunion will happen?

johndivney wrote:

guns will never play glastonbury. those people have far too many sticks up their arses. would think guns too much a headache/below them.

& while we obv want the reunion in our own neck of the woods, the euro festival circuit is the way to go. it's just the done thing/the easiest way to tour in the summer.

Do you think we will see a reunion within the next few years?

Yes 75%
No 25%
Total votes: 40
sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
johndivney wrote:

& while we obv want the reunion in our own neck of the woods, the euro festival circuit is the way to go. it's just the done thing/the easiest way to tour in the summer.

Well, I have been given a heads up on three other European festivals which I am looking into just now, and a Portuguese promoter who may know something. I'll leave it there for today though and wait to see if I get anything

It's a bit of fun if nothing else

Update - Nothing, as yet,  planned or being planned for Sweden

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Selfishly I'm hoping for Reading Festival, 'cause my folks live just down the road. Mind you, Axl didn't win himself any fans with the curtailed performance a few years ago. It wasn't even his fault! But then, the fuckwits who blamed him are the sort of fair-weather fans who'll fall over themselves to praise a "reunion" line-up...

AtariLegend wrote:

Leeds/Reading crowds are the pretentious NME type-teenagers to 20 somethings that'll just throw bottles and yell stuff anyway. Download are the Kerrang types that make me embarrassed to be a fan of rock music. They're even worse.

johnny may be right about Glastonburry types, but they're more likely to treat whatever plays on stage for what it is than the others I mentioned. I think they're less likely to have random fans throwing bottles at stage before Welcome to The Jungle has finished and this might sound cynical... but even if Gun's played a properly crap show (Rock in Rio 2011-esque) they'd probably easier going.

Obviously some people might have different views.

If they play Slane, I need to make friends who actually like Guns to travel south tongue.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I say fuck the festivals and do their own stadium tour with two kick ass openers and make it like a lil Guns festival.  AGAIN, OUTSIDE OF ROCK IN RIO, FUCK FESTIVALS.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Selfishly I'm hoping for Reading Festival, 'cause my folks live just down the road. Mind you, Axl didn't win himself any fans with the curtailed performance a few years ago. It wasn't even his fault! But then, the fuckwits who blamed him are the sort of fair-weather fans who'll fall over themselves to praise a "reunion" line-up...

I spoke to them and GN'R is a possibility. They start announcing next week.

AtariLegend wrote:

The offical Guns N' Roses site uploaded a photo complication for thanksgiving. One of them features Duff.

12274691_10153766730033069_2701478182330399615_n.jpg?oh=ce50d89468705f46a9af84650c992131&oe=56D81652

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/pho … 69/?type=3

Fortus interview from a few days ago. Guns questions start around 4 minutes in, certainly sounds like he's still in.

sic might want to take a quote or two for Chinese Whispers tongue. Said the music was basically done before he joined in 2001 and he only really wrote a chorus for Better. Said he heard Axl sang most of the vocals in days, but their was so much going on around the album.

Mentioned Dead Daisies will be recording a new album in February. Also said you need to keep putting out new material to keep going tongue.

"GN'R will probably be doing something next year as well" -- "hopefully you'll get to see both bands." towards the end.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Fortus finally says something interesting. Its about time. Wish he had said this stuff back when Tommy started talking about it. He says he joined at the end and other than a Better chorus, was just "replacing other peoples parts".  He's referring to Huge there obviously but Huge is credited on the album. We may never know the full story on that. They might not even know since its layer upon layer. Didn't Axl need Huge to tell him who played what when it was time to release it?

All his contributions to CD were done in less than a week.  Axl's vocals were done in less than a week...well 90%. Wow. He also confirms Tommy's statements about the label pretty much cluster fucking the whole project.

The more distance we get from this project the more you realize the entire thing should have been wrapped up back then and less of the blame goes towards Axl and more towards UMG/Iovine. Just absurd.  Even if the label didn't like the material, why keep dragging it out? Once you notice Axl isn't doing anything new with it and its just layers of noise being added to the exact same songs just unload the damn thing and let them move on to the next project. Damn.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Fortus the one with the info, what is the world coming to.

The label debacle lends credence to Axl's claim that what everyone wanted was a reunion. Probably why the studio was stalling, they knew he was sitting on a massive contract and they wanted a return. The whole Napster/DL thing in the 2000s can't have helped either. Better to make it hard for Axl until he gave up. Maybe they have finally got their wish, though I wouldn't underestimate Axl's stubbornness just yet.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Just like with Tommy's statements, this does add fuel to the fire. However, other than wanting a reunion(certainly possible) they just as likely didn't feel the material was up to GNR standards. That doesn't explain allowing the wait to get out of control, which does bolster Axl's account of the process.

Rejecting it in 2001? I get it. Don't agree with it but its understandable. In 2002 when its the same songs? Put that in record stores and move on. Once 07 rolled around and they heard the same album but with layers including two new guys? Should have told him "just give us what you handed in back in 01."

A week on vocals. Jeez. I said all along when hearing those demos it sounded like a one and done session and was flamed for it. Fortus of all people backs up my opinion.

Board footer