You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: How much of the board actually believes a reunion will happen?

PaSnow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

What would it take to be a reliable source?  Beta?  Would it really take Beta telling someone that the contracts are signed before you'd believe it?

Axl himself or even Duff, Izzy, Slash.

Yeah.  I think anyone else really would just indicate it'll likely happen, but not concrete.  Sorta like 'where there's smoke there's fire'.  It will probably happen, but maybe not that soon (ie. a year or two away still)

Do you think we will see a reunion within the next few years?

Yes 75%
No 25%
Total votes: 40
Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If Beta told somebody should we dismiss it?

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

i voted no. i just consider that 4 months ago, i would have put the odds at .00000001%. some things have definitely changed since then, but the odds are still only around 5% or less for me. i think alot of people are speculating because Slash and Axl do not totally hate each other anymore. but from what i believe to be true about Axl and his personality and his way of thinking, i just don't see it happening. i can't envision Axl finding a reason that would make sense. I was listening to "Sorry' on the way into work today and it kinda hit me that there's NO WAY this is happening. right or wrong, i think Axl spent 15-20 years HATING this person. and reuniting GnR and performing with Slash is miles further down the path than just simply being on ok terms with Slash (which is my guess where they are right now). hell, half of CD is about breaking away from the old band.

also, i strongly disagree that reuniting is the only option. Axl could release an album. i think most of the delays are ultimately because of him. and all around the globe, GnR's live shows sell relatively well. There is plenty of money to be made through another tour. 

having said all that, it's amazing to me that i even believe there is a slim chance of it happening. cause like i said, just a few months ago i thought for sure there was no chance in hell.

btw, i haven't posted much in recent years, but i check the board almost daily. i respect all the posters opinions here (unlike the shit show over at HTGTH). almost all are realistic in their opinions and fair-minded. the fact that the poll is at 74% is really telling for me. i actually told a bunch of friends (i.e. my friends that always ask me about GnR, and more recently, the chances of a reunion) about this poll and how a number of true, die-hard, realistic fans believe its gonna happen.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
sandman wrote:

i voted no. i just consider that 4 months ago, i would have put the odds at .00000001%. some things have definitely changed since then, but the odds are still only around 5% or less for me. i think alot of people are speculating because Slash and Axl do not totally hate each other anymore. but from what i believe to be true about Axl and his personality and his way of thinking, i just don't see it happening. i can't envision Axl finding a reason that would make sense. I was listening to "Sorry' on the way into work today and it kinda hit me that there's NO WAY this is happening. right or wrong, i think Axl spent 15-20 years HATING this person. and reuniting GnR and performing with Slash is miles further down the path than just simply being on ok terms with Slash (which is my guess where they are right now). hell, half of CD is about breaking away from the old band.

also, i strongly disagree that reuniting is the only option. Axl could release an album. i think most of the delays are ultimately because of him. and all around the globe, GnR's live shows sell relatively well. There is plenty of money to be made through another tour. 

having said all that, it's amazing to me that i even believe there is a slim chance of it happening. cause like i said, just a few months ago i thought for sure there was no chance in hell.

btw, i haven't posted much in recent years, but i check the board almost daily. i respect all the posters opinions here (unlike the shit show over at HTGTH). almost all are realistic in their opinions and fair-minded. the fact that the poll is at 74% is really telling for me. i actually told a bunch of friends (i.e. my friends that always ask me about GnR, and more recently, the chances of a reunion) about this poll and how a number of true, die-hard, realistic fans believe its gonna happen.

Great to see you again Mr. Sandman... POST MORE!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Sandman, there's a thin line between love and hate and sometimes the line is blurred.  IMO if his hate was as deep as some fans think, he wouldn't have spent almost 20 years talking about him. He focused on Slash in the CD era more than he did his own album.

Sorry? I'm not holding ANY of his lyrics or statements against him. 

Good to see you back.

I'm with skydog. Wingdings and shindigs coming relatively soon.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

i hope you guys are right and some shows get scheduled for the States. would be awesome to see, and the buzz around those shows would be HUGE!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Dude, you know Beta is way different than Adler's lead singer...

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Looking back and reading Chinese Whispers for 94-99, I think it's very clear that Axl always wanted Guns to work with Slash. I don't think Axl wanted to put out an electronica record or anything, but he wanted Slash's chops with an updated sound, not southern rock.

Velvet Revolver's success only proves that this was viable.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Dude, you know Beta is way different than Adler's lead singer...

Please sticky this post. I want to reference at a later date.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

yes. i thinkthey have already agreed to reunite for a tour. the details are being discussed and certain dates and venue are probably already decided on.

Board footer