You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Cat out of the bag?

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I think If a reunion happens, it will be Steven and Matt because Steven may be a liability, that said, they know this would make Adler emotionally so happy so though they know he is a fuck up, the door IMO is cracked for him to make some appearances. And if Adler can keep touring with no issues from Adler, that will serve as evidence that maybe he can do this. As far as pure drumming goes, Adler is more than able to handle the old Guns stuff. And Sorum is a VERY good drummer.

I agree that there would be some kind of performance or club gigs that would include the original four, a very controlled set up, but that would be the extent of Steven's involvement.

I'd say Matt has as much chance as Gilby in returning: which is ZERO. I don't think there is any sense of loyalty with Matt, there's not a whole lot of closeness to him, and still, Axl wasn't a fan of his drumming. There's really no reason to bring him back. There's an Axl quote somewhere where Axl said an accepted reunion would be he Slash and Duff, with no offense to Izzy meant. I think that's a HUGE clue of what a reunion would look like. At least the core of the group.

Fwiw, I would love to see what could happen with Slash, Richard, Duff and Frank, and Mother Goose in the writing process. Richard and Slash could be a great combo, IMO.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Would Richard be happy with only playing Izzy stuff and the random CD solo on the maybe 1 or 2 CD songs Axl would dare play with the old guys?

I remember those comments from Axl about what a reunion would be.  And I agree.  Axl, Duff, Slash are the big 3 the world most thinks of.  But I feel the Original  5 at minimum will play a set, but more likely 2 to 3 shows no doubt.  The big "tour" would likely be the hybrid for which I think you speak.

If it was only Duff coming back, why would the wife not post a pic of Duff and Axl from the recent years? Why post a pic of Duff, Slash, Izzy, Axl, and Adler?

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Would Richard be happy with only playing Izzy stuff and the random CD solo on the maybe 1 or 2 CD songs Axl would dare play with the old guys?

I remember those comments from Axl about what a reunion would be.  And I agree.  Axl, Duff, Slash are the big 3 the world most thinks of.  But I feel the Original  5 at minimum will play a set, but more likely 2 to 3 shows no doubt.  The big "tour" would likely be the hybrid for which I think you speak.

If it was only Duff coming back, why would the wife not post a pic of Duff and Axl from the recent years? Why post a pic of Duff, Slash, Izzy, Axl, and Adler?

Yes, Richard would be happy. What you described is what he's been basically doing. I'd love to see what he and Slash could create together. I see him as a Ron Wood type guy.

They don't need the UYI 5. They just don't. No one gives a shit about Matt or Gilby. Period. Or Dizzy, even though I like him. Just the way it is.

She obviously posted the picture of her husband front and center when he was officially in GNR, not just hanging with Axl recently.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree, no need for the UYI 5.  just the AFD 5, which is what I was told would happen next year (of course anything can change).... I specifically asked if Adler was on drums and the response was, "yes, the original 5".

johndivney wrote:
Will wrote:
misterID wrote:

I' get the feeling it has more to do with Duff rejoining GNR, not so much a reunion... At least right now.

Same here. I'll add "drunk chick next to Duffs wife" into the pile alongside our other reputable sources 16

It's happening.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Steven actually had the opportunity to get back into the fold with Axl on a personal level a few years ago and he totally blew it.

Yeah that was crazy.

Don't know what they'll do on the drummer situation but I imagine something with Adler will be considered. MUCH more likely than....

somehow they get Robin back for a year or so

Not gonna happen. Ship sailed and sunk on that era. It amazes me that some people still have these CD scenarios. If we get CD II it will be a repeat of what KISS did with COS. Will fly under the radar of a reunion to fulfill a contract and at this point(2015 and beyond) I wonder if the label is willing to cast it aside due to all the money they can rake in on another GH, deluxe editions, box sets,etc. Much more cash there than anything Chinese related.

Do you see GNR social media accounts posting shit that is CD related? What do all those accounts post? Can someone refresh my memory?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Robin is a realistic scenario for several reasons. Not saying it's going to happen. Don't give a shit about money or success of CD II. Just want it because, you know, I'm kind of a fan....nothing wrong with it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Robin is a realistic scenario for several reasons. Not saying it's going to happen. Don't give a shit about money or success of CD II. Just want it because, you know, I'm kind of a fan....nothing wrong with it.

I want it as well but don't feel the need to imagine the 2001 lineup or specific members coming back for it to become a reality.

Much simpler and realistic IMO for its release to come in under the radar before the buzzer that sets a reunion into motion.

I don't think any former member needs to come back for its release.

misterID

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

I want it as well but don't feel the need to imagine the 2001 lineup or specific members coming back for it to become a reality.

Much simpler and realistic IMO for its release to come in under the radar before the buzzer that sets a reunion into motion.

I don't think any former member needs to come back for its release.

I'm not imaging anything. The thing I do know is that CD II is going forward,Slash has plans for the next year or so, they're looking for new guitarist, Robin makes the most sense. The original five is the same, yeah? But that seems to be okay to speculate.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Why can't he release the new album and tour with the Slash and Duff etc?  Why the need to tour behind the new album? Tour with reunion guys and release new album.

Slash's 2016 plans won't get in the way of a reunion.

Board footer