You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Cat out of the bag?

Smoking Guns wrote:
Will wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

There are about 5 new GNR tweets...

They range from

"Whatever happened to no news is good news"

"Read between the lines"

"Everyone is a journalist"

"If they could read lips" 22

Hmmm

Thanks for posting these smile I take this as confirmation from Guns that nothing has changed in regards to their plans, but I'm guessing you interpret it as the reunion talks being full steam ahead behind the scenes 19

Will, I don't gather that at all from the texts. I don't gather anything actually...  They are nonsense.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

The girl who cuts my hair just told me that there is a new single in the works. Apparently it's a rework of the 2002 demo "My Favorite Pillow."

Slash is going to replace Bumble's parts, who originally redid Bucket's work on this demo, whom I'm told originally built upon a riff that Slash recorded for Axl back in '95, which was the inspiration for MFP in the first place.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Cramer wrote:

The girl who cuts my hair just told me that there is a new single in the works. Apparently it's a rework of the 2002 demo "My Favorite Pillow."

Slash is going to replace Bumble's parts, who originally redid Bucket's work on this demo, whom I'm told originally built upon a riff that Slash recorded for Axl back in '95, which was the inspiration for MFP in the first place.

And Finck's coming back to perform it live.  13

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I interpret it as them merely taking the piss and as a fan I find this amateur hour, Scooby Doo mystery crap still going on in 2015 to be patently absurd.

If you think CD II is on the launch pad, you can "read between the lines". If you think a reunion is on the way, same thing.

That is intentional.

Whatever is going to happen, even if its nothing, I wish they would get proper management.

I absolutely agree. Those tweets are more petulant, childish amateur bollocks.
Professional business people with a duty to marketing their product on social media correctly do not go on like this.
By all means Axl can throw his dollies, he is the artist and his wacky persona is as much a part of the story as the music but management...?

They are very much little picture people, arguing on forums with small communities of diehard fans etc. Can anyone imagine real managers like Paul McGuinness or Peter Mensch wasting their time on such activities?

Cloak and Dagger my cock..I agree with you James..its completely pathetically redundant at this stage and a sign that these people don't have the intellectual horsepower to deliver anything more grown up.

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

And CD II?

Axl knows its only going to fly with Slash and the rest of the guys all over it. People want the reunion more than his music.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I agree w/ the posts above.

An immature way to comment.

What ever happened to no news is good news?

With this band, that went out the door in the nineties.

Of course today everyone is a jouranlist.

Yup, and everybody goes to a car wash.

If only they could read lips...

Do we need binoculars as well for Axl's two cents?

Surely they'll read between the lines

As ever. Same bat time, same bat channel, eh?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The car wash will never die. My posting e cred is based off that damn carwash. Haha

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The car wash will never die. My posting e cred is based off that damn carwash. Haha

Long live the carwash.. if it does happen that carwash will be immortalized in GNR history. I could see Smoking giving tours.. 16

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

That would be epic if GnR tweeted a photo of a car wash.  Especially the Google Map image of THE car wash Smoking Guns was at.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

That would be epic if GnR tweeted a photo of a car wash.  Especially the Google Map image of THE car wash Smoking Guns was at.

Since car wash story, we have had the Lisbon rumored date, Duff's wife, Weiland, weird GNR tweets, and a promoter in South America all hint to the same thing. A lot of smoke, but could be nothing to it!

Board footer