You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

polluxlm wrote:

Since I think a reunion will only be a cash grab tour I do mean it.

BH coming back would signify a desire to release more material. While it would be cool to hear Slash on the old tunes it would still be old tunes. I already have Live Era.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Thinking about Glastonbury, the three headliners for 2016 were booked in June, which would rule out GN'R based on the interview with Duff in May. It would also rule out Foo Fighters. In November, the festival were negotiating with Adele, which means that one of the headliners booked in June pulled out, one would guess that was Prince given the history.

I have spoken to Brookfield and there is nothing for GN'R in Las Vegas yet

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If we're gonna toy with the idea of festivals than surely Lollapalooza is in play.

I wish Bucket would speak even if its through Herbie. I bet he's got some stories to tell...

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

johndivney wrote:

You don't really mean that, do you?

He contributed to a few decent songs compared to the guy who helped write songs that'll last a lifetime.
I loved him in the band & his nightrain was one of the most exhilarating things I've seen live. But come on now. I'd set it all aside for the tone & wonder of the best guitarist GnR ever had. No, not Finck. Slash is all we ever needed, Axl was just too stupid to realise it. Maybe now he's finally come to his senses..

Why not both? I joke, but... if Axl was dead set on having a three-guitar setup, put Slash in the "melodic" slot previously occupied by Finck and Ashba, and get Buckethead back in the "technical/shredder" slot. Now that would be a powerhouse of a band...

AtariLegend wrote:

Less than 19 hours till Reading announce their first set of acts and presumably the headliners. I hope some of the Americans are willing to stay up to 3:AM their time to argue about what may or may not happen.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If we're gonna toy with the idea of festivals than surely Lollapalooza is in play.

I wish Bucket would speak even if its through Herbie. I bet he's got some stories to tell...

It is possible. The Agency Group book alot of GN'R's tour dates, and this page http://www.theagencygroup.com/fairs-festivals/ shows some of the festivals they deal with on the left, and a roster of bands on the right which include GN'R (the roster of all the bands they book for is bigger, so this list is a subset)

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Less than 19 hours till Reading announce their first set of acts and presumably the headliners. I hope some of the Americans are willing to stay up to 3:AM their time to argue about what may or may not happen.

This local paper http://www.getreading.co.uk/whats-on/mu … e-10531992 are claiming that only one headliner is going to be announced tomorrow. The Pearl Jam forums are expecting a tour announcement by PJ tomorrow, or Monday

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

For the record, I am anti festival for GNR. I want their own stadium tour with 2 kick ass openers with them. Make it a touring GNR mini festival.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The good thing is Axl can't be as late on festivals. The bad is sound and crowds. Especially a hate it or love it band like GN'R needs a dedicated crowd.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes. Fighting a hipster crowd to see MY BAND will fucking piss me off. I ain't there to do your Molly or smoke your dope, I am there to see Guns N Fuckin Roses as a hardcore fan. I don't want to be standing next to some idiot that only knows SCOM and are saying "kings of Leon and the killers are so much better than this shit". Fuck this festival bullshit. I have been to enough and to me the hardcore fans always suffer but the casuals love it because they see a ton of good bands. But you rarely get a 5star performance.

Board footer