You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

The way I see it unfolding is... well, it's basically what Queen have done with Adam Lambert. In the first instance, you don't need an album to tour; the reunion itself is enough of a hook on which to sell the tour (which, after all, is where the money is these days).  You also need to win over the casual fans (though this is less of an issue for GN'R than it was for Q+AL, which faced a monumentally sceptical fanbase).

During that time, you chuck all the new material you have into a pool and pick out the best of it; the VR tracks recorded with Corey Taylor, the nearly-finished CDII material, anything recorded on the road, invite Izzy to participate, etc etc. Pick out the best of it, re-record it if necessary and you have a new hybrid album – CDII + "reunion" material. Put that out either in the 2016 holiday season or, if that's too much of a rush, roll it out in Summer 2017 and ride a second wave of momentum for a tour.

johndivney wrote:

Can't wait to hear Slash doing The Seeker.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

^Maybe the greatest post of all time

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Slash rejoining the band would be epic. Could be an awesome summer.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Whatever happened to that material that Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Sorum were working on before VR that they claimed was the greatest GNR album never made?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

During that time, you chuck all the new material you have into a pool and pick out the best of it; the VR tracks recorded with Corey Taylor, the nearly-finished CDII material, anything recorded on the road, invite Izzy to participate, etc etc. Pick out the best of it, re-record it if necessary and you have a new hybrid album – CDII + "reunion" material. Put that out either in the 2016 holiday season

That's much too long to wait. 16

if that's too much of a rush

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Whatever happened to that material that Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Sorum were working on before VR that they claimed was the greatest GNR album never made?

This was Axl's comment on that material a few years ago for those that don't remember.

spinner.com wrote:

Slash has said that the sessions they did with Izzy before Velvet Revolver were the best Guns album ever. What do you think of that?

Politics.

In what way?

Old Guns promotion.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Axl's comments don't amount to much for me. ^^^

AtariLegend wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Axl's comments don't amount to much for me. ^^^

So do you believe that they were working on the best Gun's album we'll never hear?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I bet that album kicked major fucking ass. Would love to hear it!

Board footer