You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Attacks in Paris @ Eagles of Death Metal

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Solutions are always available, but none will be politically viable until things get much, much worse. By then it might be too late.

Just curious pollux what non politically viable solutions do you think there are out there that would work. Extreme or not.

Imo the solution lies in our own governments. For too long have they been allowed to cause havoc in the world, serving elite interests. Not only wars spawning terrorism, but also direct support of terrorism as agents of these wars. Taliban is the best example. Supported by the US to battle the USSR in Afghanistan. 20 years later another war had to be fought to combat them, and what do we have now? ISIS, even worse.

Such change won't happen until the citizens are screaming for it, hungry and jobless. As long as our current "party" is able to continue I don't think we'll see any change at all. A terror attack here, another there. And that's how it will be for the foreseeable future.  It's bad, but not bad enough for most people to risk their comfortable lives and actually do something about it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

To fully wipe it out you would have to be more evil than them. So it is pretty much impossible.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Evil sadly is a point of view.  That's why we have this problem in the first place.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

A terror attack here, another there. And that's how it will be for the foreseeable future.  It's bad, but not bad enough for most people to risk their comfortable lives and actually do something about it.

I disagree. The world in general is getting fed up with dealing with this shit constantly and IMO we're one more 9/11 happening in NY, DC, Moscow, London, etc. from something resembling the Einsatzgruppen going door to door in the Middle East.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

A terror attack here, another there. And that's how it will be for the foreseeable future.  It's bad, but not bad enough for most people to risk their comfortable lives and actually do something about it.

I disagree. The world in general is getting fed up with dealing with this shit constantly and IMO we're one more 9/11 happening in NY, DC, Moscow, London, etc. from something resembling the Einsatzgruppen going door to door in the Middle East.

What about door to door in Europe and US? You really think that's happening any time soon? We could literally wipe out the entire Mid East and still have a problem since millions live in the west.

For violence to work like that it has to be total, and I just don't see it.

AtariLegend wrote:

There's not that many more Christians in the world than Muslims. The world is a very big place. Were're talking well over a billion. Even if there was a million extremists in the world it would have still have been a barely a fraction of their religion.

I think Lofton is right, but I think it'd be worse. A holocaust type event in our generation at some point could end up happening happening under a future right wing government with no differentiating between different variations of that religion.

AtariLegend wrote:

Online activist collective claims WWE Survivor Series targeted for ISIS terrorist attack, FBI officials comment
2015-11-21 11:56:01

Anonymous claimed Saturday that the WWE Survivor Series event in Atlanta, Georgia is among the worldwide targets for ISIS terrorist attacks on Sunday. International Business Times published the following list of additional potential targets listed by Anonymous, whom they list as a "loose collective of online activists."

-Cigales Electroniques with Vocodecks, RE-Play & Rawtor at Le Bizen (Paris)

-Concrete Invites Drumcode: Adam Beyer, Alan Fitzpatrick, Joel Mull at Concrete (Paris)

-Demonstration by Collectif du Droit des Femmes (Paris)

-Feast of Christ the King celebrations (Rome/Worldwide)

-Al-Jihad, One Day One Juz (Indonesia)

-Five Finger Death Punch (Milan)

-University Pastoral Day (Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Lebanon)

The Anonymous collective who reported the news included the following statement: "The goal is to make sure the whole world, or at least the people going to these events, know that there have been threats and that there is possibility of an attack to happen. Another goal is to make sure Daesh knows that the world knows and cancels the attacks, which will disorientate them for a while."

Source: http://prowrestling.net/article.php?Onl … ment-44894

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

What about door to door in Europe and US?

One country at a time. although its certainly possible for such a thing to happen in major US, EU, and Russian cities.  We already know it works on a limited scale with Russia's recent handling of Chechen rebels in the leadup to the Olympics.  Think the public wont stomach it? Wait until an attack happens like in one of Clancy's books where thousands of shoppers are gunned down in US malls during the Christmas season. Also take into account the world's major powers are already over there and while its just limited air strikes and special ops at the moment, a major attack could cause thousands of ground troops from both sides to be sent there.

I think Lofton is right, but I think it'd be worse. A holocaust type event in our generation at some point could end up happening happening under a future right wing government with no differentiating between different variations of that religion.

I think it might be a bit more subtle than the actual holocaust but I do agree that the focus of such an event would be broad. The people I would feel sorry for are the troops being asked to do such things but in the event of a catastrophic attack I doubt they'd need much convincing.

The Survivor Series on their target list? That is insane and once again shows that they will target just about anything that would guarantee a high death toll.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Online activist collective claims WWE Survivor Series targeted for ISIS terrorist attack, FBI officials comment

Anonymous claimed Saturday that the WWE Survivor Series event in Atlanta, Georgia is among the worldwide targets for ISIS terrorist attacks on Sunday. International Business Times published the following list of additional potential targets listed by Anonymous, whom they list as a "loose collective of online activists."

-Concrete Invites Drumcode: Adam Beyer, Alan Fitzpatrick, Joel Mull at Concrete (Paris)

The Anonymous collective who reported the news included the following statement: "The goal is to make sure the whole world, or at least the people going to these events, know that there have been threats and that there is possibility of an attack to happen. Another goal is to make sure Daesh knows that the world knows and cancels the attacks, which will disorientate them for a while."

Damn, that is very scary!

Lomax wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Damn, that is very scary!

Looks like the wrestling thing went ahead without any drama

Board footer