You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Mysterious Guns N’ Roses Teaser Hits Movie Screens Nationwide

sp1at wrote:

I do not know

It could make sense to graduate the announcements, if that is the right word. Focus on the first festival, put everything into that, then let each festival and tour segment have it's own teasers and air time. Sometimes flooding the airwaves with everything all at once is not the best way to go because you lose that momentum.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

So, this could be a standalone GN'R advert or a GN'R at Coachella advert

Would they really go this far just to have it be a festival announcement? Yeah Coachella is the big enchilada but that's going a bit far IMO.

I take it as simply letting the world know in a big way that its coming. I don't think its promoting anything other than the fact more promo is coming.  Its 'Round 1'....

If Coachella is anything like other big festivals and I'm assuming it is given its size then it will sell out whoever is there. Aside from announcing the headliners there's no other promo needed beyond the norm, which this certainly isn't. Why burn up cash on teaser promos for an event that would be full regardless?

That is GNR promo, not Coachella, imo.

I do not think it is a Coachella standalone advert, I was more thinking it could be a specific GN'R at Coachella advert and not a GN'R everywhere advert, if you get what I mean.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
sp1at wrote:

AEG are linked to the cinema world (as well as other media sources) through these affiliates http://www.aegworldwide.com/about/affiliates/

This company appears to do cinema advertising http://www.aegworldwide.com/about/affil … lcinemedia

I'll look into it

NCM, the second link, appear to be the people behind the advert.

So this is totally AEG driven

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
supaplex wrote:

Car Wash World Tour Starts NOW!!! 16

Damn Right!  It will bring you to your knees!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I saw the ad.  I thought there was a company name in the bottom right corner at the end. I cant remember what it was but it said something.  Ad was about :30

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I saw the ad.  I thought there was a company name in the bottom right corner at the end. I cant remember what it was but it said something.  Ad was about :30

It'll say Regal, NCM or Firstlook (NCM brand) probably

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
sp1at wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Actually 1st look does sound familiar. I figured it was some spotify startup but i think that was the name.

What is it?

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
sp1at wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Actually 1st look does sound familiar. I figured it was some spotify startup but i think that was the name.

What is it?

An NCM branded operation http://www.firstlookonline.com/

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Here's the back end of the NCM website which gives details on creating and uploading your advert. http://adspecs.ncm.com/national-advertising

So one would presume someone, somewhere, created the advert to the speculations as described by the spec above then it went from there into the cinemas.

johndivney wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I read the Sludge report.

The only aspect I find odd is that they said that Slash and co. are reportedly going to sign contracts in January. Why would AEG pile money into advertising GN'R if they hadn't signed anything already. It would represent a big risk and just doesn't make sense. But hey ho, who knows.

Whatever you think about the reunion, it has come across this time as a well planned project and alot of work has gone into, not just the planning, but keeping everyone quiet. They have done a commendable job.

Unless contracts have already been signed? Pre-contract agreement maybe? Certainly it seems like a needlessly expensive departure if they don't have anything concrete behind it, or have some weighty compensation package if Axl gets up on the wrong side of the bed & decides this isn't his thing anymore & goes off to phone Finck & Chris Vrenna bring them along instead..

Board footer