You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Mysterious Guns N’ Roses Teaser Hits Movie Screens Nationwide

AtariLegend wrote:

Guns N’ Roses fans who have hit cinemas this weekend to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens are getting a pleasant surprise. According to several eyewitnesses, including one of our editors, three brief clips of “Welcome to the Jungle” are being played over black-and-white crowd footage during the pre-trailers programming – with no further explanation.

In other words, either something big is up with Guns N’ Roses, or they’re going for the world record in classic rock trolling. Combined with the band’s recent website redesign, these new videos make it seem clear that the group is teasing a major announcement, although there’s no indication of exactly what’s in store yet.

On Thursday, Guns N’ Roses updated the cover and profile photos on their Facebook page with black-and-white shots of a crowd similar to the one in the videos, including the one embedded below. There is no explanation given.

Source: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-r … ie-teaser/

1915060_10153830531238069_5347019708810421155_n.png?oh=7aac5e9e3ed1f293e0b5b371bde0f3de&oe=5709F17B

Has anyone seen this? Just seen this posted by jarmo on HTGTH.

Edit: teaser now on youtube:

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I hate getting my hopes up where GNR are concerned. It usually ends in disappointment.

With that said, this is some exciting shit!

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

The crowd picture is on the GN'R Facebook page. It appeared there the same time the official website changed.

AtariLegend wrote:
sp1at wrote:

The crowd picture is on the GN'R Facebook page. It appeared there the same time the official website changed.

I meant the teaser for Guns that's supposedly being shown in front of what's going to be the biggest film of all time tongue.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

The puzzle we have now is that this picture is from the O2 in London, which is another AEG run venue

So, will it be the O2 or will it be Hyde Park

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Well this proves one thing...there are professionals involved in some aspect of GNR now. Nothing like this ever happened during the Chinese era.

People wanted 100% confirmation that something was going down. They just gave it to you.

Of course I'm assuming that this article is true.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

AEG are linked to the cinema world (as well as other media sources) through these affiliates http://www.aegworldwide.com/about/affiliates/

This company appears to do cinema advertising http://www.aegworldwide.com/about/affil … lcinemedia

I'll look into it

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

This thing is happening folks. I'm now convinced.
Going to be a whole lot of fun seeing how this unfolds - hope Uncle Axl is ensconced in a gym right about now, has cut down on the booze and is getting into fighting shape. Also hope he's seriously working on his vocals - this reunion would be a hell of a lot more if he is bringing his A-game.

Rumours around the web of them entering a studio in early 2016 to cut 1-2 new songs? That reeks of Greatest Hits or Box set. Additions to CD2?

Getting rather excited!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

A GH2 to support shows would make most sense at this stage. Throw a couple of new tracks on there and it sells like hot cakes.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yep. They're about to announce a reunion & the 1-2 song thing sounds like GNR is about to whip up their own Telephantasm.

This is playing out perfectly & it's going to be great seeing GNR function like it's truly a major act .

Jimmy it's likely CD II tracks with their contributions  unless this has been going on longer than we've known. I'll take any new GNR songs at this point. I'd have preferred to hear CD II as intended 10+ years ago but that ship has clearly sailed  so I have no problem  with any reworking of the tracks as long as they are released.

Board footer