You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: So... new music

julita wrote:

I'm wondering if they are recording brand new songs  hmm

Welcome to the forum!

Hopefully, although I think that's best case scenario. Knowing Axls leisurely working pace it may be easier/quicker at this time for Slash/Duff to work on something he already has fleshed out lyrically.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

Thank you.

I tend to think it is best to start from scratch and write brand new material. It is never easy using other people's ideas. CD 2 songs were created by people with a different style, with a different vision. Like someone else in this thread, I would like to hear something rather bluesy. It would be perfect both for Axl's voice and Slash's guitar playing.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

I'm wondering when.

If something is happening in April could we see an album/EP around or before that time? Fingers crossed

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

I think if they record any new songs it will be on a "best of" or another greatest hits album...

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Recording a song or two shouldn't take long if it's just putting Slash on some vault stuff. Getting out a hit for radio play to beef up the reunion would be optimal marketing. Since this is essentially caving to the past for Axl I could see him being laidback about it and not spend years finishing it up.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I was bummed when Ron joined. Pissed off when Hot Topic Slash joined. My only interest in the past few years was getting that album, and dealing with the sickness of knowing Ron and DJ  would be all over it. I would love if they're replaced by Slash. That's what I'm hoping for. Writing music from scratch isn't necessary and going by the past and reality, not some fantasy, writing from scratch could be a long and arduous process... Like years. There's nothing on CD Slash couldn't feature on, so I'm hopeful he gets on a few of those tracks. At least whatever pollution DJ added.

CD II could be a very valuable commodity if Slash features.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I had always thought that Axl had a few tunes that he never finished or saved because Slash wasn't in the band or couldn't find a sound like his.. so maybe just maybe those songs can be completed now.. this is all in my head though. I'm full of hollow hope.. it's the gnr fan in me 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I had always thought that Axl had a few tunes that he never finished or saved because Slash wasn't in the band or couldn't find a sound like his.. so maybe just maybe those songs can be completed now.. this is all in my head though. I'm full of hollow hope.. it's the gnr fan in me 16

Richard said there were Slash songs they were working on just this year, man. It's not in your head!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
julita wrote:

Thank you.

I tend to think it is best to start from scratch and write brand new material. It is never easy using other people's ideas. CD 2 songs were created by people with a different style, with a different vision. Like someone else in this thread, I would like to hear something rather bluesy. It would be perfect both for Axl's voice and Slash's guitar playing.

Julita? THE Julita? Finckaholic? finck Its great to see you again! 5 I always wondered what happened to you.

Good point on starting from scratch but I'm a bit tired of the waiting game. 14 Axl already has material in what I assume is various stages of completion and I hope they tackle that first. IF doing new material I hope they go into a studio and whip it up in 6-8 weeks Soundgarden style.

Now is the perfect time for them to hand Axl that album they recorded before VR that they praised so much.

I had always thought that Axl had a few tunes that he never finished or saved because Slash wasn't in the band or couldn't find a sound like his

In 2001 Axl said Slash could work on three songs so there's a chance he saved those for a rainy day.

I think if they record any new songs it will be on a "best of" or another greatest hits album...

I think so too. Its a perfect way to promote a GH/Best Of....

I was bummed when Ron joined. Pissed off when Hot Topic Slash joined.

Same here. Hard to fathom Ashba was in the band six years. What a waste.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Axl seems to have writer's block a lot of the time, but Izzy/Slash/Duff have always pumped out a lot of material over the last 20 years. Maybe if you get the 4 of them in a studio together we can get some great material out of them.

Board footer