You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: So... new music

jimmythegent wrote:

With rumours that 2 new songs are being recorded, how do you see this going down and what kind of songs do you think they will be?

Will they be old ideas worked/re-worked up? Could they date from the 96 sessions or could they be earlier? Or are they brand new compositions? Going to be intriguing to here these ones.

Next thing is how will they be released? I'm guessing most likely scenario is a new GH. But i'd love it if they were the final piece in the jigsaw for a new album or EP. What say Slash et al add their touches to a few CD2 numbers (the most classic sounding) and we add them to these new ones. Bobs your uncle we have something tangible to add to this chapter.

Theres also the talk of this 'vault' stuff... with the exception of the rumoured movie from the UYI tour - what else is there of note?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

When I heard it, I thought about Richard saying they had Slash songs... Just this year, ironically enough. I think they will be featured on CD II. Axl has been in the studio this year, so... We'll see. Another best of album could be possible. Down By The Ocean could be one.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think it depends on how far along this reunion is. If fairly recent I doubt anything new would have been possible. In that case, have Slash, Duff,etc. rework a couple CD II tracks and just market it as brand new songs. General public knows nothing about CD II.  Any new material other than CD II tracks is possibly a couple years away from happening unless they record an album during their tour.

The unloading of the old vault can be interesting. In the least we'd get deluxe editions of old albums including demos, live versions,etc. I doubt there is much unheard material from that period. Supposedly there were a couple covers from the TSI sessions that were never released. Maybe we'll get those. They could also release the version of TSI that had Izzy on it. How about the unpolished UYI that Slash always said blows away the released albums?

We're much more likely to get releases now than we ever were before.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

ID...I've also wondered how new that Slash material is. We all assumed it was from 94 but now we know it could've been a lot more recent than that.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I agree with ID that it could be the more recent material that Axl was working on in the studio during the summer.  I'm  excited at the prospect of hearing Slash and Duff on one of the CD era "big gun" tracks.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I care about new music more than anything. Bring on the new music.

johndivney wrote:

Another Lies side B please
Some bluesy acoustic numbers is what's called for to wipe the slate clean.

johndivney wrote:

Also a tour without piano/keyboards & synths would be so sweet.
As would an album without that shit.
Never going to happen tho.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Would love to hear music in the vein of Breakdown.. Civil War, etc. They can do anything and I'll be happy with it, but I really hope they can find the magic they had back in the day. UYI was amazing music.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

I'm wondering if they are recording brand new songs  hmm

Board footer