You are not logged in. Please register or login.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

Re: So... new music

supaplex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Axl already has material in what I assume is various stages of completion and I hope they tackle that first. IF doing new material I hope they go into a studio and whip it up in 6-8 weeks Soundgarden style.

If they work on the songs that Axl already has they might be able to pull it off, but if you want them to go from scratch there's no chance of a 6-8 weeks album. It took him 15 years to put out one album.

Plus, they had to convince him to put out UYI too. And some of the songs were around since before AFD.

He's a perfectionist in the studio and always has been, not only with CD, but with everything else. Even when he had Slash, Duff and Izzy he wasn't moving quickly. I don't think we'll see a big change now. He's older, he's got money, he proved he doesn't care that much about the legacy (i think).

Like i said, the only way this moves quick, is by using the lyrics/songs he already has worked on for the past 15+years.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Julita? THE Julita? Finckaholic? finck Its great to see you again! 5 I always wondered what happened to you.

Yeah, I have been feeling a little nostalgic lately,  James. smile I believe I have an account here already but I forgot the username/email... Great to see you again!

James Lofton wrote:

Good point on starting from scratch but I'm a bit tired of the waiting game. 14

C'mon James, it's only a couple songs. Not a whole album. 16

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think it's a mix of concepts.  CD was pretty erratic & there's alot of styles Slash wouldn't do.  That said there's some he would.  OTOH things like Slither & Fall To Pieces are total GnR material for Axl as well.  What will make them great again is their collaboration of styles.  For Axl to pull out a demo of crap like Scraped or Riad would just be a waste.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Axl has rehearsed with the band. Supposedly.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'd believe it.

Mother Goose tweeted this pic

https://mobile.twitter.com/CPitmanoffic … 61/photo/1

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Around July or is this more recent?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

More recent. Interesting song selections from what I understand too. Played both cd and vr tunes.

James

James wrote:
supaplex wrote:

If they work on the songs that Axl already has they might be able to pull it off, but if you want them to go from scratch there's no chance of a 6-8 weeks album. It took him 15 years to put out one album.

Plus, they had to convince him to put out UYI too. And some of the songs were around since before AFD.

He's a perfectionist in the studio and always has been, not only with CD, but with everything else. Even when he had Slash, Duff and Izzy he wasn't moving quickly. I don't think we'll see a big change now. He's older, he's got money, he proved he doesn't care that much about the legacy (i think).

Like i said, the only way this moves quick, is by using the lyrics/songs he already has worked on for the past 15+years.

I'm just hoping for something new to coincide with this tour. It'll speak volumes on the direction this is going. If that something new is Atlas Shrugged(or whatever) with a Bucket/Finck solo removed(Julita might not like the sound of that one 13 ) and a Slash solo added, I'll take it.

James

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

More recent. Interesting song selections from what I understand too. Played both cd and vr tunes.

At this point even that wouldn't shock me. Literally anything can happen now.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Fuck CD and VR. I want some of those UYI tracks that were barely ever played live, such as Coma.

Board footer